Step 4: Set up your student account - Section contents
Your student account gives you access to my.unimelb, your student email and lots more. You'll use your student account almost every day when you're studying at Unimelb. Activate your account before arriving on campus.
Set up your account
You may need to wait up to 24 hours to activate your account.
To set up your account you will need the following information:
- Name: Enter all given names and family name as provided in your application.
- Student ID number: This is found in your offer letter.
- Birthdate: Use the dropdown menu to enter your birthday.
- 4-digit postcode: This is the postcode you used in your application.
- If your application postcode is four digits, enter it accordingly.
- If your application postcode is not four digits, leave this field blank.
Don't forget your password!
The first time you log in, you will be given a system-generated username (usually a variation of your name) and asked to choose a password. Make sure you keep a record of your username and password, as you will need these for continuous access to my.unimelb and your student email.
Can't set up your account?
If you receive an error message when setting up your account for the first time, please wait until the next day before trying again. If you still can't log in after this time, contact Stop 1 for assistance. Our helpful FAQ has more information.