Student Peer Leader Network - Section contents
The Student Peer Leader Network is a chance for you to contribute to the University community by co-creating activities that promote connection and belonging among students.
About the Network
The Student Peer Leader Network:
- fosters student-to-student support
- creates activities to enable student connection, transition and workplace readiness
- acknowledges and celebrates student contribution
- facilitates professional skills development.
What is a Peer Leader?
Peer Leaders are students who are selected to work on University-led initiatives because they demonstrate a commitment to community values.
Peer Leaders work alongside staff to enhance the student experience by delivering events and activities tailored for the student community.
How can I get involved?
There are two ways you can get involved in the Student Peer Leader Network:
Sign-up to become a volunteer on a Peer Leader initiated project. Volunteers are often needed to help on the day of an event or to assist with other activities.
Participating students can count volunteering hours towards the achievement of the Leaders in Communities Award (LiCA).
If you are interested in being a volunteer on Peer Leader initiated projects, please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be considered you must:
be currently enrolled as a University of Melbourne student (domestic or international) and remain enrolled and be available for a full calendar year.
- Undergraduate students: You must have completed one year of study.
- Graduate coursework students: You are eligible from the commencement of study.
- be able to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week for the fixed term period (12 months).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a half-day Assessment Centre activities.*
As part of the University of Melbourne’s commitment to diversity and social inclusion, students who have demonstrated social, educational or financial disadvantage are strongly encouraged to apply.
New Peer Leaders must complete the compulsory Melbourne Ready Training prior to commencing the role.*
* Dates to be advised at the time of application.