Strategies to design your poster and present to your audience.
Posters are a common type of presentation at conferences that helps you to communicate your research to a wide audience using visuals and tailored pitches.
This module looks at strategies and techniques to help you design an effective academic poster and give a great poster presentation.
What will I learn?
This module will help you:
- consider your audience and purpose in designing the content of your poster
- learn how to create a clear and visually appealing poster
- develop effective strategies for preparing a poster presentation
- be prepared to adjust your pitch to suit your audience
- assess your use of body language, tone and pace to create a great impression.
How long will it take?
This module should take approximately 35 minutes to complete.
Begin the module
To fully engage with this module (for example, completing practice quizzes or posting in forums), you’ll need to enrol in the Academic Skills Hub.
- Quick read
Poster design tips
Well-designed posters can be an effective way of informing, persuading or influencing your audience. Make a great visual impression by following the design tips below.
- Online learning module
Strategies to plan, organise and present your oral presentations. Includes tips on language, visual aids and presentation style.
Looking for one-on-one advice?
Get tailored advice from an Academic Skills adviser by booking an appointment or attending one of our drop-in sessions.