US Direct Loans - Section contents
For detailed information about the different loan types and how much you can borrow, please see the FSA website:
The Federal Perkins Loan Program and other federal grants or scholarships are not available to students studying at educational institutions outside the United States.
Direct Loans at the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is an approved participant in FSA program, which is administered by the United States Department of Education.
- Our Federal School Code is G08505.
- The official 3-Year Cohort Default Rate for the 2016 Fiscal Year is 2.2.
For further information about our participation in the Direct Loans program, please see:
- Calculating the Cost of Attendance
- Applying for and renewing your loan
- Loan disbursements
- Student responsibilities
- Program policies and forms
To be eligible for FSA at the University of Melbourne, you must:
- Meet the Federal Student Aid eligibility criteria
- Be enrolled at the University of Melbourne in a degree program (i.e. a Bachelors, Masters by Coursework or Research program, Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) course)
- Meet the University of Melbourne Direct Loan student responsibilities, enrolment requirements and satisfactory academic progress requirements.
Please note, you are not eligible to receive any (further) Direct Loans if:
- You enrol in a course or subject delivered via distance, online or off campus learning. If you intend to undertake an approved overseas study program, you should contact the International Financial Aid team for further advice
- You wish to undertake the Doctor of Medicine or a Nursing program
- You wish to undertake or change to a Certificate, Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma course of study
- You are enrolled in a coursework or research higher degree course, and you undertake any study or research in the United States.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility for US Direct Loans please contact us.
- For further details on available financial assistance programs, contact the relevant government agency in your home country.
- For information on how these programs work at the University of Melbourne, contact our International Financial Aid team.