International Student Checklist - Section contents
You're coming to Melbourne! Now's the time to book flights, find accommodation and ensure a smooth transition into Melbourne life. If you haven't already accepted your offer and enrolled in your course, go to Get Started.
- Get your student visa Use our information to navigate the visa process.
- Organise Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)Cover for health services while you're in Australia.
- Book your flightsFind out about key arrival dates and tips to help get you to Melbourne.
- Find accommodation Explore the options for new-to-Melbourne students.
- Book free airport pick up Arrange for the University to meet you at the airport.
- Set up a bank account Open an Australian bank account before you leave home.
- Pack your bags Find out what to bring with you to Australia.
- Attend a Pre-Departure Briefing In-person briefings for students in selected countries.
- Bringing your family with you What to consider if you'd like your family to join you in Australia.
- Get set up in MelbourneFind out where to buy household items, groceries, bikes and more.
- Update your contact details Make sure we have your new contact details.
- Collect your student card Pick up your student card when you arrive on campus.
- Complete your English assessment Take the Diagnostic English Language Assessment.
- Attend a settling in socially workshop Connect with fellow international students, make friends and gain support.
- Get support Stop 1 provides specialist assistance, advice and information for international students.
Make your first semester a success
From completing your student induction to preparing for your first assessment, work your way through the New Student Checklist to ensure a smooth transition into university.