Managing your enrolment online - Section contents

Find out how to make adjustments to your subjects and course online.

There are a number of ways you can manage your subjects and course enrolment online. Depending on the what adjustment you wish to make, you can either make the change yourself in my.unimelb or request assistance through the Enrolment Variation (EV) form:

Self-manage via my.unimelb Submit an EV form
Drop a subject
Stop studying a particular subject by withdrawing from a subject.
Enrol in a subject
Confirm what you will study by enrolling in subjects.
Swap subjects
Replace one enrolled subject for another by swapping subjects.
Leave of absence
Take a break from your course by applying for a leave of absence.
Return from a leave of absence
Return from a break from your course by enrolling in subjects.
Add a major or subject to my Study Plan
Before you can enrol in subjects you need to add a major or subject to your Study Plan.
Waive a prerequisite
If you can take a subject without meeting its prerequisite, you will need to get approval and submit a requisite waiver.
Move subjects on my Study Plan
If you would like to move a subject from one part of your study plan to another, e.g. from 'free points' to 'breadth'.
Add approved subjects to my Study Plan
If you have not been able to do this yourself via my.unimelb.
Changes a major or minor
If you are unable to change a major or minor yourself on your Study Plan.
Change a course stream
When you want to change your course stream (as outlined in the course entry of the Handbook).
If you want to take more credit points in a study period than your course requires, you can apply to overload.
If you want to take extra subjects beyond the maximum points for your course, you can apply to over-enrol.
Accept non-credit exemptions
If you have applied for Advanced Standing (credit for prior learning) and have been granted a ‘non-credit exemption’, you will need to ask to have your Study Plan adjusted.

Ready to make a change to your enrolment?

Log into my.unimelb Submit an EV form

What is the Enrolment Variation form?

The Enrolment Variation form enables you to request assistance with managing your subject or course enrolment. Learn how to submit an Enrolment Variation form, including which category to use for your enquiry:

Once you have submitted a request using the form, you will receive an email with the expected turnaround time. Staff will assess your request and communicate the outcome with you via your student email.

Graduate researchers

You can apply to add a coursework subject to your candidature. If you experience any difficulties, please discuss with your Supervisor or your Graduate Research Administrator.