The Virtual Fair is an online event that connects you directly with employers.
Attend the Virtual Fair
The Virtual Fair is happening on Tuesday, 18 August 2020 at 10am – 3pm (AEST). Network with representatives from organisations with current recruitment opportunities including graduate roles, internships and volunteering.
- Access virtual environments featuring employers such as drop-in video rooms and private 1:1 booked appointments. Do your research, ask questions and network at the Fair, then apply with confidence!
- If you are in your first year of study, discover future pathways and career-related experiences to consider along your student journey. Practice your networking skills with employers using the small group drop-in rooms at the live event.
- If you are in your penultimate or final year of study and are looking to apply for internships and graduate roles, the 1:1 appointments and small group drop-in rooms are the best way to learn more about the opportunities available, ask industry or recruitment questions and make an impression.
Attend Employer Webinars
Most organisations that are exhibiting at the Virtual Fair will be presenting an Employer Webinar via Zoom between 3-14 August.
- Use these sessions to learn more about the employer and their opportunities.
- Employers will answer key questions that are important to applicants about their workplace and your application.
- For session details and to register go to Careers Online.
Access Career Fair Plus
The Virtual Fair will be delivered using the Career Fair Plus platform.
- Download the Career Fair Plus app to your phone
- Open the app
- Go to The University of Melbourne and select the '2020 Virtual Fair'
- Login on Tuesday 4 August to book 1:1 appointments with employers.
How to prepare
Preparation is the key for getting the most value out of your Fair experience.
- Prepare for the Fair resources
Create your profile
You can browse employers that will be attending our Virtual Fair without creating an account.
When you're ready to start scheduling 1:1 appointments (from Tuesday, 4 August), you must create an account and build your profile. Your profile will require your name, student email and a phone number. You can also add your course or study discipline.
As you check the organisations who will be at the Virtual Fair, you can schedule appointments to meet with their representatives via video or voice call on Tuesday, 18 August between 10am-3pm.
- Tap on the employer with whom you would like to meet and then tap Virtual Appointments to see the schedules they have available
- Select aTime that works for you and hit YES to book the appointment slot
- Select the schedule that you're interested in; employers may have multiple schedules.
- If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to schedule appointments.
- Appointments are first-come, first-serve, so if there is an employer you want to meet, be sure to secure an appointment.
IMPORTANT: If the interaction type says Video Meeting, the appointment will take place in an integrated video meeting room. Prior to the meeting, use this test link to check if you can enter the video platform for appointments. If you have issues, please contact email@example.com
To access employer information, interactive maps and tips for the Fairs, be sure to download the free 'Career Fair Plus' app from the App Store or Google Play (available on Apple iOS and Android), and select University of Melbourne.
Attend a Prepare for the Fair session
- Make the most out of your Virtual Fair experience.
- Find out everything you need to know to effectively prepare and make an impression with employers at the fair.
- Register for one of our three targeted sessions:
On the day of the Virtual Fair
You're all set to go! On the day of the fair, follow these simple steps:
- Dress to impress
- Log into the app via mobile or web-based app
- Sign into your account
- Access your virtual appointment schedule and meet with employers
- Use the app to help you track your appointments and make notes
- Attend employers’ drop-in sessions throughout the day
Prepare and know what to expect at the Virtual Fair by watching this video.