Practera Consulting Projects (formerly known as Live Projects) offers international students the opportunity to take part in a three week business consulting project.
Practera Consulting Projects (PCP) has been designed by and is supported by industry partners including business and community organisations.
PCP is open to undergraduate international students in their third or later year of study, and all graduate coursework and research international students.
Be part of this exciting opportunity and gain valuable experience including:
- Developing a range of employability skills working in a dynamic team
- Solving real business problems for clients ranging from starts-ups, small, medium-sized and large enterprises, to Victorian Government agencies and community organisations
- Learning to develop a business case and pitch your ideas to a client
- Collaborating with students across degrees, year levels and disciplines from the University of Melbourne and other Victorian universities
- Being supported by an industry mentor
- Gaining a competitive advantage prior to graduating.
The next intakes will be running in July 2021. You will be required to commit approx. 50 hours in total over the three-week experience.
PCP is a voluntary, extra-curricular skills development opportunity, delivered by edtech company, Practera, and supported by Study Melbourne.
To apply for PCP, you need to be:
- A currently enrolled international student at The University of Melbourne (eg. not an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen)
- At the time of application, either be an undergraduate student in your third year or above (eg. have successfully completed more than 200 UoM credit points), or a postgraduate coursework or graduate research international student
- Have the appropriate IT and technical resources to successfully participate in the 3 weeks consulting projects (e.g. laptop and reliable internet connection)
- Have attended/watched the Careers and Employability Session on "Preparing your consulting project application” with information on Smart Resume and addressing Key Selection Criteria (for further details, please visit the How to apply section)
You cannot apply for PCP if you have participated in the program in the past (formerly known as Live Projects or GSTAR).
If you are still unsure about your eligibility, please refer to the FAQs or email the Student Engagement Team
July 2021 key dates
PCP is planned for virtual delivery in July 2021, (subject to further updates).
Successful applicants need to ensure they have the capacity, appropriate IT and technical resources (eg. laptop and reliable internet connection) and availability to participate in the July 2021 intakes of PCP virtually.
|9am, Monday 12 April 2021||Applications open for July 2021 intake|
|11.59pm, Friday 30 April 2021||Applications close for July 2021 intake. Late applications will not be accepted|
|Monday 3 May to Friday 28 May 2021||Shortlisting and selection|
|By Friday 4 June 2021||Application outcome|
|Tuesday 29 June 2021||PCP Orientation Session|
|Monday 5 July to Friday 23 July 2021||PCP placement dates|
|Week of Monday 26 July 2021(details to be confirmed)||University of Melbourne July 2021 Debrief|
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, you will first need to complete the following:
- Watch the pre-recorded online Zoom Information Session, or review the PCP July 2021 Information Session slides
- Review the PCP 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
- Attend the Preparing your consulting project application session: 11am-12pm, Thursday 15 April.
If you missed the live session, please watch the recording.
Please note attending or watching the recording of this session is a hurdle requirement. If you missed the live session, please watch the recording.
You will need to use your University of Melbourne login details to access the application form.
Applications open 9am, Monday 12 April and close at 11.59pm, Friday 30 April. Late applications will not be accepted.
All applications will be assessed by a selection panel of University staff using the Key Selection Criteria listed on the written application form.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we anticipate all applicants will be notified of their application outcome by Friday 4 June 2021 at the latest.
For more information, please review the July 2021 Frequently Asked Questions.
For further assistance, please contact the Student Engagement Team.
You can also hear directly from past participants about their project experience by searching the University of Melbourne Live Projects LinkedIn hashtag #unimelbLiveProjects.