Global Trade Accelerator formerly known as Global Victoria Intellect Program (GVIP) is offering students the opportunity to work on a virtual, two-week real-world project consulting experience.
Are you looking to enhance your problem-solving skills? Are you passionate about global trade and investment projects? Are you looking for Australian business connections?
- Develop project management, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills
- Apply theoretical knowledge to provide valuable insights into a real business problem
- Develop and apply experiential learning and reflective practice
- Fluency in languages additional to English is looked on favourably.
The Global Trade Accelerator (GTA) connects student teams to undertake international market research/analysis and various projects for real business demands through a gamified project learning platform.
The next cohort will be running in July 2021 and will be delivered virtually. You will be required to commit 25 hours in total over the 2-week experience.
Please note: GTA is a voluntary, extra-curricular skills development opportunity, delivered by edtech company, Practera.
To apply for GTA, you need to:
- Be a currently enrolled student at The University of Melbourne
- At the time of application, either be an undergraduate student or a postgraduate coursework student in your first year and under (eg. have successfully completed less than 100 UoM credit points)
- Have the appropriate IT and technical resources to successfully participate in the 2-week project experience virtually (eg. laptop and reliable internet connection)
- Have attended / watched the Preparing your project consulting application information session (refer to the How to apply section for session details).
You cannot apply for GTA if you have participated in in the past (formerly known as GVIP or Dealbook).
If you are still unsure about your eligibility, please refer to the FAQs or email the Student Engagement Team.
July 2021 key dates
|July 2021 intake|
|9am, Monday 12 April 2021||Applications open for July 2021 intake|
|11.59pm, Friday 30 April 2021||Applications close for July 2021 intake. Late applications will not be accepted|
|Monday 3 May to Friday 28 May 2021||Shortlisting and selection|
|By Friday 4 June 2021||Application outcome|
|Tuesday 6 July 2021||GTA Orientation Session|
|Monday 12 July to Friday 23 July 2021||GTA placement dates|
|Week of Monday 26 July 2021 (exact details to be confirmed)||University of Melbourne July 2021 Debrief|
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, you will first need to complete the following:
- Watch the pre-recorded online Zoom Information Session, or review the GTA July 2021 Information Session slides
- Review the GTA July 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
- Attend the Preparing for your project consulting application session: 11am-12pm, Thursday 15 April. If you missed the live session, please watch the recording.
Please note attending the 'Preparing for your project consulting application' session is a hurdle requirement. If you missed the live session, please watch the recording.
You will need to use your University of Melbourne login details to access the application form.
Applications open: 9am, Monday 12 April and close at 11.59 pm, Friday 30 April. Late applications will not be accepted.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we anticipate all applicants will be notified of their application outcome by Friday 4 June 2021 at the latest.
For more information, please review the GTA July 2021 Frequently Asked Questions in the first instance.
For further assistance, contact the Student Engagement Team.