The Work Shadowing Program (WSP) provides you with a one-off immersive opportunity to visit and observe a professional work environment.
The Work Shadowing Program will not run in 2021. We appreciate your understanding and ask that you please visit this page on a regular basis for further updates. If you are looking for other ways to boost your career, visit the careers and employability page.
How does it work?
The Work Shadowing Program is a half-day to full-day group visit at a host organisation. Largely observing, you'll be able to explore career paths and industries while enhancing your networks and connections with employers.
- Gain professional work context experience and insight
- Enhance industry knowledge and connectivity
- Develop work-ready skills
- Build early professional networks and connections.
|Information sessions||9–17 March|
|Applications open||9am Monday, 16 March|
|Applications close||5pm Tuesday, 24 March|
|Assessment Centres||Friday 27 March PM and Wednesday 1 April AM|
|Students allocated to host organisations||Mid-April|
|Student induction workshops||Late April|
|Work Shadowing placement period||May|
*With some flexibility outside these dates
To participate in the program you must:
- Be a current University of Melbourne student.
- Be in the first or second year of your undergraduate degree, or first year of your postgraduate degree.
- Have not been previously allocated with a host organisation in the Work Shadowing Program.
If successfully allocated, you must be available to attend the compulsory face-to-face induction on Tuesday 28 April or Friday 1 May. Following a Work Shadowing Day experience within the month of May 2020, a reflection activity will also need to be completed.
For more information, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org