First Year at Melbourne Appointments - Section contents
Being a new university student is exciting. But how do you learn what to do, where to go, who to meet? Your First Year at Melbourne appointment is designed specifically for new first year undergraduate students to help you transition to your new university community.
Connect with other new undergraduates
Your First Year at Melbourne appointment connects you to people, places and information that will help you feel ready, even before classes start. During the 30-minute appointment you will meet with a latter-year student and up to three other students from your course to talk about:
- Meeting new people and knowing your campus
- Doing everything you need to before classes
- Getting involved on and off campus
- Seeking support throughout semester
Appointments will run from Monday 16 - Friday 20 July, which is the week before classes start. You will be able to book your appointment online from late June.
- Set up your student account: You will need your student login to book an appointment. If you haven't already set it up, follow the instructions on Get Started at Melbourne.
- Book an available time: You will be shown all the available times for your course. We recommend you get in early to choose a time that suits you best.
Before you come to your appointment
Prior to attending your appointment, you are encouraged to familiarise yourself with some key resources: