Student Connect - Section contents
Success looks different to everyone. By meeting with a Student Connect Adviser, you can explore your options, test your assumptions and reflect on your decisions.
As a student at the University of Melbourne, you can speak to a Student Connect adviser at any time throughout your studies about your plans, goals and choices. Whether you’re starting your career exploration, or well on the way to designing your future, our friendly advisers are here to help you get the most out of your time at the University of Melbourne.
After speaking with an adviser, you will have:
- Tailored advice about what success looks like for you
- An individualised action plan to turn your ideas into reality
- A clear map of next steps that you need to take
You can make an appointment at any stage during your course.
What happens in an appointment?
- Goals you would like to set and achieve while you are here
- Challenges or issues that are affecting your studies
- Opportunities to help you make the most of your time at Melbourne.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Skills and knowledge to increase your employability
- Further study and career aspirations
How to book
- Log in to book a Stop 1 adviser to create a new booking.
- Under 'Select the Booking Type', select 'Skills Development and Experience'.
- Under 'Select booking type', select 'Student Connect'.
- Under 'Select the booking format', choose your appointment type (e.g. in person, telephone or virtual).
- Follow the prompts to finalise your appointment.
First year students
We encourage you to book an appointment in your first semester. Our student peer workers will even contact you to remind you to book! This way, you get to connect early with staff who will support and encourage you every step of the way along your university journey.