Under 18 International Student Supervision Program - Section contents
This program provides international students who are under 18 years of age with additional support and guidance, as well as activities which encourage you to be your best at the University of Melbourne.
About the program
- ensure your accommodation is approved and appropriate for your needs
- meet other international students from across the University, and build important connections with our dedicated staff
- attend a program of events, activities and workshops designed exclusively to support your transition to university, help you succeed academically, and feel part of University life
- discuss any issues about your living arrangements, or seek approval to change your accommodation
- have regular face-to-face check-ins with our Under 18 team.
Who needs to participate?
Participants in the Under 18 International Student Supervision Program must meet regularly with our U18 team. They must also attend the program induction and a series of interactive workshops, tailored individual appointments and informal drop-in sessions. These include:
- understand how the program works
- understand your responsibilities and the support available to you
- meet the University of Melbourne U18 team, and other U18 students (past and current)
- meet academic staff from your Faculty
- ask any questions.
We host a range of workshops for Program participants, including:
|Get ready to learn|
Learn strategies to help you study efficiently and effectively
Understand how the library can assist with your research, assignments and referencing
|Early planning for a successful semester|
Develop practical short and long term planning and revision strategies
|Making social connections (chit chat)|
Develop your conversation skills for improved social connections
|Maintaining wellbeing and cultivating resilience|
Develop strategies to thrive in your new environment
|Preparing for exams|
Develop skills and strategies to prepare for exams
Student Connect appointments
Student Connect offers 30-minute appointments with a specialist adviser, tailored to your interests and needs.
At a Student Connect appointment you can discuss your goals for University and beyond, and co-create an action plan to achieve your goals.
Regular face-to-face check-ins
- ask questions
- seek advice and support
- talk to us about how life at university is going.
Use our Fees and payments page to calculate your fees for the Under 18 International Student Program, and learn how to make payments.