Step 1: Set up your student account - Section contents
Your student account gives you access to my.unimelb, your student email and lots more. You'll use your student account almost every day when you're studying at the University. Once you've set it up, you can accept your offer and enrol in your course.
You may need to wait up to two hours after receiving your offer before you can activate your account.
Set up your account
To set up your account you will need the following information:
- Name: Enter all given names and family name as provided in your application.
- Student ID number: This is found in your offer letter.
- Birthdate: Use the dropdown menu to enter your birthday.
- 4-digit postcode: This is the postcode you used in your application.
- If your application postcode is four digits, enter it accordingly.
- If your application postcode is not four digits, leave this field blank.
Once your account has been set up, all emails from the University will be sent to your new student email (not your personal email).
Don't forget your password!
The first time you log in, you will be given a system-generated username and asked to choose a password.
Make sure you keep a record of your username and password, as you will need these to access systems such as my.unimelb and your student email.
Can't set up your account?
If you receive an error message when setting up your account for the first time, please wait up to two hours after receiving your offer before trying again.