Find your study materials - Section contents
Sneak a peek into student life and find out all about the University of Melbourne community.
At the beginning of each semester, your tutors will supply you with a list of required reading to supplement the information you receive during lecturers and tutorials.
These may be a single textbook, multiple texts such as articles and book chapters, or a mixture of both.
Find your textbooks
- Places to buy textbooks include the University Coop Bookshop and other bookstores.
- The Unimelb Adventures website has a Where can I buy textbooks second-hand? section as well as other useful information.
- The University of Melbourne Library has all your textbooks, however most will only be available for short-term loan (two hours or overnight) and they are in high demand. Search the Library Catalogue online.
- You can also borrow from other libraries through the BONUS and CAVAL library schemes.
Tip: Always make sure you purchase the edition specified by your lecturer.
Find your class readings
- Articles and class readings may have already been placed online for you via Readings Online. Log into your LMS subject to see if Readings Online is listed.
- The University of Melbourne Library has a wide range of online articles. Search for your items through the Discovery search box at the top of the library homepage
Remember: Don’t panic if you can’t find the textbook or article you need. Talk to a librarian or ask your tutor or lecturer for help. The Library even has an online chat service so you can ask questions when you are off campus.