Undergraduate students (international) - Section contents
Welcome to the University of Melbourne. Now that you've received your offer letter, follow the steps below to complete your enrolment. Remember, before coming to Melbourne you must read the International Student Briefing.
Will you be under 18 years old when you arrive in Australia? If so, you need to follow a different process to accept your offer. Find out more.
- 1. Accept your offer Complete the Acceptance and Payment Agreement. Additional steps are required for students under 18 years of age.
- 2. Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) You will need your CoE to apply for your student visa.
- 3. Submit your visa application Before submitting your application you must have your CoE.
- 4. Set up your student account Your account gives you access to your University email and student administrative tasks.
- 5. Log into your student portal Use your student account to log in and start familiarising yourself with my.unimelb, your go-to system that you'll use throughout your degree.
- 6. Complete your administrative enrolment Complete your administrative enrolment before you arrive in Australia.
- 7. Plan your course Start planning your course as soon as you accept your offer to shape your subject selection, course plan and your future.
- 8. Enrol in subjects Log into my.unimelb (student portal) to enrol in subjects.
- 9. Order your student card Upload your photo online and get your card before classes start.
- 10. Create your timetable Register in classes and create your timetable.
- 11. Attend First Year at Melbourne An appointment designed to help you transition to your new university community.
- 12. Complete Consent Matters Complete the Consent Matters e-learning course to understand what the University expects from you.
- 13. Explore Orientation Get to know your campus and meet other students.
- Read the International Student BriefingExplore links to support your transition to Melbourne.
- Connect with student servicesAs a student you have access to a range of services on campus and online.
- Check the key datesStay on top of your enrolment deadlines and other important dates.
- Understand your feesFind out how to access and pay your fees on time.
- A-Z of University termsBrowse our comprehensive directory of University terms and processes.
- Budgeting Prepare your budget to anticipate your costs.
- Housing The housing market in Melbourne is competitive. Find the right home for your needs and budget.
- Housing and tenancy rights Learn about your rights as a renter.
- Free airport pickup If you’re moving from interstate, you can book free airport pickup.
- Safer Community Program The University supports all students to feel safe when studying on campus.
- Student Connect Student Connect is designed to assist your transition to, through and beyond university.