Step 3: Submit your visa application - Section contents
Once you've received your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), you will need to apply for an Australian student visa. Your visa is necessary to study in Australia as an international student.
Apply for your student visa
You can apply for your student visa through the Department of Home Affairs website.
The University’s international student visa website also provides useful information about applying for a student visa, including:
- how to complete your application
- documentation you need to attach
- how to address Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirements
- processing times, and when you need to submit your application by in order commence study on time
- where to seek help if you experience difficulties.
What can I do while waiting for my visa?
We strongly recommend that you continue through the Get Started at Melbourne steps while waiting for your visa. This will help to ensure you’re able to commence your classes on time.