University Health Promotion Program - Section contents
The University of Melbourne recognises the importance of promoting and supporting health and wellbeing among its students.
Health Promotion is “the process of enabling people to increase control over the determinants of health and thereby improve their health” (WHO, 1986). Health Promotion activities generally focus on promoting health and preventing the onset of ill health.
In 2018, the University of Melbourne launched the Health Promotion Program to promote and support the health and wellbeing among students.
Current Health Promotion activities
- Free Student Health Checks: Regular health checks can be a quick, simple way to get a snapshot of how healthy you are and to learn about ways to improve your health. As a current University of Melbourne student, you can book a free 30-minute personalised consultation with a Registered Bupa Nurse; appointments are confidential.Get a snapshot of how healthy you are and learn how to improve your health and wellbeing. If you book and attend your appointment, you will have the opportunity to enter the monthly prize draw for a chance to win a $50 Rebel Sport gift voucher!
- Wellbeing During Exams: Explore ways to take care of your health and wellbeing in the lead up to exams.
- The Condom Fairy Program: A free condom distribution program to support you in navigating safer sexual practices. Order free safer sex products through an online form and pick them up from a locker on campus.
- Health Ninjas: A group of students who promote healthy, active lifestyles and support students to engage with the University health and wellbeing services on offer. Learn how you can get involved.
Any questions relating to these roles or the Health Promotion Program may be directed to:
Health Promotion Coordinator
+61 3 9035 3045
Health and wellbeing services on campus
Juggling study, work and a social life can be challenging. Your physical and mental wellbeing is important during this time to stay happy and motivated. Make sure you are aware of the support services on offer at the University:
- Student services directory
- Counselling and Psychological Services
- Safer Community Program
- MU Sport
- Health Service