Before semester starts
Finalise your enrolment, get to know the University and prepare for the start of your first semester.
- Set up Multifactor Authentication Set up Multifactor Authentication on your smartphone so you can login to the student portal and access key applications.
- Order your student card Your student card allows you to access campus, borrow from the Library, sit exams, receive concession transport discounts and more.
- Confirm your timetable View your allocated timetable and review and adjust if necessary.
- Complete the Academic Integrity module (Graduate students) Understand protocols for assignment writing and referencing to avoid plagiarism and collusion.
- Complete the Consent Matters module Adhere to University expectations for appropriate conduct in your relationships.
- Read the Student CharterKnow your responsibilities and commit to University values.
- Check if you're eligible for creditAdvanced Standing (credit for prior learning) can reduce the number of subjects you need to study.
- Manage your student account Check your student email, update your contact details, view your timetable and more.
- Check the census dates for your subjectsEvery subject you choose to study has a census date.
- Assess your study skillsTake this interactive module to get tips and discover resources to prepare you for studying.
- Attend Melbourne Orientation Get to know your Uni, your course and your cohort at Orientation!
- Attend an Intro to Uni sessionLearn about transitioning to university, explore available opportunities and build your networks.
- Budget for living while studyingEstimate your costs, plan a budget and keep track of your expenses.
- Organise transport and concessionsIf you're using public transport in Melbourne and Victoria, find out about discounts on ticket prices.
- Find accommodation Learn about University Accommodation and other housing options.
- Explore campus mapsWhen you come on campus, these digital maps will help you navigate to classrooms, libraries, and other facilities.
- Get set up to use the LibraryFind essential information to connect with the Library and its services and resources.
- Find out about student clubsThere are over 150 student clubs and societies you can choose from.
- Discover Student Equity and Disability SupportSpecialised support services while you study.
- Learn about the Safer Community ProgramPromoting a respectful and inclusive University community.
- Get support from Stop 1 Stop 1 is your first point of contact for student support.
- Complete the DELAThe Diagnostic English Language Assessment helps assess your academic language skills.
Make the most of your studies, engage with the University community and take advantage of our wide range of student services.
- Know key datesOfficial University holidays, event dates, enrolment deadlines, results dates and more.
- Know the deadlines for changing your enrolment There are four key dates to be aware of for your subjects. Check these dates in the Handbook, as they can vary.
- Access campus WiFiCampus-wide internet is available for all students. Get set up for Uni Wireless and troubleshoot common issues.
- Get tech sorted Connect to networks, set up your IT equipment, download free software and apps.
- View Canvas LMS and support guidesView subjects, submit assignments, listen to lectures and more.
- Develop your study skillsResources to improve your academic skills such as assignment writing, referencing, and exam preparation.
- Understand special considerationIf circumstances impact your ability to study, you may be eligible for support.
- Discover health servicesHealth and wellbeing services include medical, dental, eye care and mental health resources.
- Attend workshops and sessionsDevelop your skills, discover opportunities, and get support and advice on a range of topics.
- Explore leadership opportunitiesDevelop your leadership and employability skills by applying for a program or grant.
- Engage with the Melbourne Peer Mentor Program(Undergraduates)Attend all your mentoring sessions to gain tips, have fun and make memories with your group.
- Get active in sport, fitness and recreationTry out the facilities at MU Sport for free, with special passes to the gym, pool, group fitness and court hire.