How to get your student card
- Complete your course enrolment, including enrolling into subjects.
- Upload a copy of your passport and your photograph via the CaptureME portal. Make sure you read the photo guidelines below.
- Select your collection method (by mail or on-campus collection) – see below for a full list of collection locations. Mail is our preferred collection method. Please do not select PrintMyID Kiosk at Stop 1 unless you can attend campus to collect your card.
- Wait for an email confirming that your photo has been approved (can take up to 24 hours) which will be sent to your nominated email address.
- Once approved, your card will be mailed to the postal address you have recorded in my.unimelb within 15-20 working days. Make sure your address on my.unimelb is up to date before submitting your photo. If you have selected pickup at Stop 1 Parkville, it will be available for collection from 1pm the following business day. You must pre-book your collection slot using the 'Documents, Student Card and Thesis Celebration' booking type.
- Please check your spam or junk folders for confirmation emails from CaptureME, as we are currently experiencing issues with emails not being received in the main inbox.
- We are currently experiencing delays for cards sent by mail. Please allow 15-20 working days for cards to be to sent Australian addresses.
Our preferred method of collection is via mail, however you may choose to collect your student card at one of the locations listed below.
|Campus||Location||Booking required for collection?|
|Parkville||Ground Floor, Stop 1 (Parkville)||Yes|
|PrintMyID Kiosk at Stop 1||Ground Floor, Stop 1 (Parkville)||No|
- Plain white background
- Eyes should be clearly visible
- Must look straight into the camera
- Colour photo only
- No hat, no sunglasses
- No head covering, except on religious grounds
- Photo must not be digitally enhanced or edited
If you are experiencing difficulties obtaining your student card, please visit our student card troubleshooting FAQ.