Whether you're studying on-campus, overseas or online, all enrolled students must order a student card. Your student card is used for identification, building access, exams and University transactions. It is issued at the commencement of your course and should be retained for the life of your course.
If you choose to collect your student card on-campus, please ensure you make a booking by selecting the 'Documents, Student Card and Thesis Celebration' booking type when ordering.
- Carried at all times whilst on University property
- Presented on request by an employee of the University or security personnel
- Presented when borrowing books from the University libraries
- Presented when using any of the secure access labs
- Displayed on your allocated desk at University examinations
- Used solely by you and never shared with others.
How to get your student card
Need to check that you have uploaded your student card photo?
Once uploaded, your student card photo will appear on the my.unimelb home screen (if you have hidden your photo, you can click ‘show photo’ to unhide it). You can also log into the CaptureME portal to see a copy of the photo you uploaded and your card issue date.
If you are experiencing difficulties obtaining your student card, please visit our student card troubleshooting FAQ.