Success looks different to everyone. By meeting with a Student Connect Adviser, you can explore your options, test your assumptions and reflect on your decisions.
Student Connect appointments
Whether it’s starting to think about your future career, studying overseas, identifying activities to do, or just speaking with someone about how you're finding university, a Student Connect Adviser can help you develop plans to take you to the next step and achieve your goals.
In working with an adviser you will have:
- Tailored advice about what success looks like for you
- An individualised action plan to turn your ideas into reality
- A clear map of next steps that you need to take
You will also be able to plan the next step of where you want to be, and identify the support services you might need.
During your 30-minute Student Connect appointment, we will work with you to discuss how you are feeling about your current studies. We will also discuss with you your plans for uni and beyond, including:
- Goals you would like to set and achieve while you are here
- Challenges or issues that are affecting your studies
- Opportunities to help you make the most of your time at Melbourne.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Skills and knowledge to increase your employability
- Further study and career aspirations
First year students
If you’re a first year student, you can drop in for a short appointment to discuss what it’s like for you at uni - anytime throughout your first year! First year is basically a bunch of 'firsts' - first lecture, first new friend, first assignment, first visit to the library and first exam.
Going to Intro to Uni is a great way to begin - by getting insider information on your course plan, ways to get involved and to make your degree extraordinary.
We encourage you to book an appointment in your first semester. This way, you get to connect early with staff who will support and encourage you every step of the way along your university journey.
Throughout your course you may want to work on how to get the most out of your university degree. Student Connect is available for you to discuss how you’re tracking and how to enhance your experiences in the areas you wish to focus on.
How to book
When making an online appointment, follow these steps:
- Under 'Select the booking Type', select 'Skills Development and Experience'.
- Under 'Select booking type', select 'Student Connect'.
- Under 'Select the booking format', choose your appointment type (e.g. in person, telephone or virtual).
- Follow the prompts to finalise your appointment.