The University is currently contacting students to check in with you and provide support. You may receive a phone call or an email asking you to book a Student Connect appointment.
Student Connect appointments are available to all currently enrolled students and are running via Zoom and telephone.
You can talk with an adviser about how you are going at university, including your:
- Wellbeing and personal circumstances during physical distancing and social isolation
- Studies and assessments during this period of distance learning
- Connections with the University, other students and your lecturers and tutors
- Motivation and engagement levels
- Support networks and who can help you
- Strategies to stay safe and well during this time.
In addition to these topics, if you are a commencing first year undergraduate or graduate coursework student, you are encouraged to book a Student Connect appointment to help you:
- Navigate University terminology, acronyms and language
- Get to know your student services and what’s available to you
- Learn about the virtual campus
- Understand who can help you in your studies and how to contact them
- Discuss your experience of university so far
- Think about what you want to achieve while you are at university.
All Student Connect advisers are experienced in a broad range of student issues and all are trained in Mental Health First Aid.
If you have never been to campus because of the current travel restrictions and physical distancing rules, please don’t hesitate to book a Student Connect appointment to start feeling more connected.
How to book
When making an appointment, follow these steps:
- Under 'Select the booking Type', select 'Skills Development and Experience'.
- Under 'Select booking type', select 'Student Connect'.
- Under 'Select the booking format', choose your appointment type (e.g. in person, telephone or virtual).
- Follow the prompts to finalise your appointment.