Step-by-step guide - Section contents
We know planning overseas experiences can seem overwhelming – especially if you have never travelled solo before. Don't worry, we've made this planning process as simple as possible with our step-by-step guide.
This guide details how to apply for Short-term, Semester-long and Year-long programs. This covers both Exchange and Fee-paying programs.
If you are applying for a different program type to those listed above, please refer to the following pages for more information:
- 1. Plan your subjects Plan which subjects you would like to complete at your host institution.
- 2. Complete your application Apply to the University of Melbourne to study overseas.
- 3. Get Unimelb approval After you've submitted your application, the University of Melbourne will assess it for approval.
- 4. Apply to your host uni Apply to the host institution you wish to study at.
- 5. Get readyImportant tasks you need to complete before you travel.
- 6. When you arriveImportant tasks to complete when you arrive at your host insitution.
- 7. While overseasKeep on top of your study arrangements while you're overseas.
- 8. Complete the final steps On returning home, ensure your stay is complete and any relevant credit points are transferred back to the University of Melbourne.