Complete the final steps - Section contents
We hope you had an unforgettable experience and have made many lifelong friends. Now it’s time to ensure your stay at your host institution is complete and any relevant credit points are transferred back to your University of Melbourne degree.
Your host institution will be in contact with you to ensure all fees (i.e. library and accommodation fees) are finalised and provide detailed instructions on how to pay. If you have any questions, be sure to contact the host institution directly.
Some host institutions will send this transcript to the University of Melbourne automatically at the end of your overseas study or (for some institutions) at the end of the academic year. However, there are some universities that require you to order the transcript yourself before you complete your overseas study.
If you receive the transcript directly
If it is sent to University of Melbourne
If you have received a scholarship, it is your responsibility to ensure you meet all necessary requirements. These requirements would have been outlined when you received the scholarship.
Good to do
If you have successfully completed a prerequisite or corequisite while overseas, you will need to request a Requisite Waiver. Instructions on how to do this is available on our Requisite Waiver page.
For many students, studying overseas is a life-changing experience. It's important to reflect on your adventures and experiences, as they may carry long into your future work and study. It's also not uncommon to experience a sense of loss upon returning home. Attend our returning students' Reflection Workshop to get help with:
- dealing with reverse culture shock
- connecting with other students who have recently returned from overseas study
- translating your overseas experience into skills for your resumé.
See our student services workshops and sessions page for more information.
- filling out our Overseas Study survey;
- volunteering at our Overseas Study Fair;
- speaking at a myWorld First Step session or Explore my exchange options session;
- helping out at our inbound briefing day at the start of each semester;
- sharing your #mymelbournemyworld experiences on our blog;
- tagging your overseas study Instagram photos with #melbourneglobal, #mymelbournemyworld, or @melbourneglobal.
We believe the best way to improve the overseas study experience for students is to hear from those who have undertaken a program with us. We will be emailing you shortly with the opportunity to share any feedback you can provide. This is an excellent way to tell us about your experiences during the application process, as well as your time overseas.
Keep in mind
The time it takes to receive transcripts from your host institution will vary depending on their process and whether or not they send them directly. Don't worry if others have received theirs before you.