All students can get support from an Education Abroad Adviser. Students can get in touch by submitting an enquiry, live chat, 10 minute phone calls or in-person appointments.
Our specialist Education Abroad Advisers can help you with:
- Exploring your options for studying overseas – semester, year-long and short-term programs
- Specialist knowledge on partner institutions
- Preparing your application and troubleshooting
- Submitting an Overseas Study Planner
- Connecting you to returned exchange students
- Advice on funding and scholarships for your overseas program
- Support whilst on exchange overseas
If you would like some personalised course planning help, please book an appointment to speak with a Course Planner. The advisers will look at your University of Melbourne studies and work with you to help you formulate a plan for your overseas study.
Submit an enquiry
Submitting an enquiry is an easy way to get in touch with an Education Abroad Adviser. Make sure you provide all the relevant information when submitting your enquiry so we can best assist you.
Use our live chat service
Chat one-on-one with an Education Abroad Adviser. Chat hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am – 5pm. Due to high demand, we may occasionally need to close the chat service early.
When available, use the chat box in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
Book an appointment
If you need further assistance, you can book a 10 minute phone or in-person appointment with an Education Abroad Adviser.
In the 'Booking Type' box, select 'Exchange and Study Overseas':
- Booking Type:
- ‘General Overseas Study Appointments’ for general enquiries
- Semester-Long Program Appointments’ for specific partner institution enquiries. Under ‘select booking type’, choose the region that best suits you
- Booking Type:
- To make the most of your in-person or phone appointment, we strongly recommend you are in a quiet area with access to a computer so that we can talk through your overseas study plans and access online resources. Our adviser will contact you as close to your appointment time as possible.
- If you can’t attend your appointment, please cancel it so that other students can book the time.
Preparing for your appointment
To make the most of your appointment, we recommend you explore the below resources and prepare by having a list of questions ready for your adviser.
What to do in an emergency
Follow this advice if you are currently on exchange/study abroad and are in an emergency situation.
Study abroad and exchange to other locations remain cancelled for Semester 2, 2021 as global student travel has been suspended until 31 October 2021. Read the latest advice or find out more about completing exchange in Semester 1, 2022.