Whether you are looking to travel solo for the first time and gain some independence, or you want to develop that competitive edge in your chosen industry, studying overseas can be life changing.
An unforgettable experience
We offer a range of study options to suit your needs, from short stays to year-long exchange programs. Students of all ages are welcome, as are transfer students and postgraduate students. Funding options are available, too.
A range of benefits
- Challenge yourself and escape your comfort zone
- Explore your independence
- Build your confidence
- Meet new people.
- Explore your host destination
- Immerse yourself in a different culture
- See the world and gain a new perspective
- Learn a new language.
- Gain a competitive edge by developing new skills.
- Build a network with international links.
- Demonstrate initiative, independence and organisational skills.
- Take subjects that aren’t available in Melbourne
- Experience a different academic system
- Gain an international perspective.
What do students have to say?
"I feel ridiculously lucky to have had the experience I did, to have met the people I did. Living overseas definitely disrupts your idea of what your life could look like and expands the possibilities of how it could turn out."
"In terms of study, I did not expect such fun and rewarding courses. They were amazing. Well taught, well organised, interesting and with different structure and outcomes to what I have done before."
Need a little more convincing?
The Melbourne University Student Exchange Society (MUSEX) is a student-run society at the University that assists students who are interested in, currently undertaking or have completed an exchange program. As a member, you can meet incoming overseas students and connect with past students who have undertaken overseas study. By attending one of MUSEX's exciting events you will meet like-minded people, share information and learn about the many benefits travelling and studying overseas has to offer.