Security on campus - Section contents

The University provides trained security officers to help ensure you and your property are safe on campus. If something goes wrong, or doesn't seem right, help is just a phone call away.

Contact University Security at any time by calling 834 46666 or 1800 246 066 (free call). In any life-threatening situation, always call Victorian emergency services first via 000 (or 0 000 from a University landline).Call University Security immediately after calling emergency services.

Find more information about security services, including security escorts and patrols, on the University Security website.

Find support services and advice about behaviours of concern on the Safer Community Program website.

Lost property

All lost property is held at the Student Information desk in Union House, which is open during business hours. Any items collected by University Security will be recorded and transferred to Union House the next business day. You can also check with Library staff, as some libraries will temporarily hold lost property before transferring it. All items will be kept for three months and then disposed of.

For after hours enquiries, visit the Security Office or call +61 3 8344 4674.  Valuable items may be transferred to the Melbourne North Police Station.