Once you've received your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), you will need to apply for an Australian student visa. Your visa is necessary to study in Australia as an international student.
Department of Home Affairs (DHA) update on visa processing
- If you are waiting for your visa approval, please check your ImmiAccount regularly and act quickly on requests for further information or documentation. Delayed action may result in your application being declined and a two-year wait to reapply.
- If you haven’t started your visa application, make sure that your application is complete and includes all relevant documents before submitting.
Apply for your student visa
You can apply for your student visa through the Department of Home Affairs website.
Visa application processing times can vary. Visit the Department of Home Affairs website to find out more.
Our visas page also provides useful information about applying for a student visa, including:
- How to complete your application and documentation you need to attach
- Visas for your family
- Working on an international student visa
- Where to seek help if you experience difficulties.
What can I do while waiting for my visa?
We strongly recommend that you continue through the Get Started at Melbourne steps while waiting for your visa. This will help to ensure you’re able to commence your classes on time.