Before you depart your home country
Find out all you need to know before leaving your home country.
- Get your student visaUse our information to navigate the visa process.
- Book your flightsFind out about key arrival dates and tips to help you get to Melbourne.
- Find accommodationExplore the options for new-to-Melbourne students.
- Set up a bank accountOpen an Australian bank account before you leave home.
- Pack your bagsFind out what to bring with you to Australia.
- Register to attend the International Student WebinarsThese webinars are your first introduction to our thriving community.
After you arrive in Australia
Get to know our campuses and the City of Melbourne.
- Apply for the Welcome to Melbourne GrantA a one-off payment of $4,000 towards the cost of travel, quarantine and adjustment to life in Melbourne.
- Get set up in MelbourneFind out where to buy household items, groceries, bikes and more.
- Update your contact detailsMake sure we have your new contact details.
- Complete your English assessmentTake the DELA to receive a custom plan on how to enhance your academic English language skills.
- Purchase a MYKI public transport cardPublic transport is a convenient and cost-effective way to get to and from campus.
- Book a guided campus tourFind out about the University’s rich history, stunning buildings, and 21st-century facilities in a 60-minute walking tour.
Make the most of remote study by connecting with your peers and accessing a range of online supports and programs.
- Set yourself up for remote studyConnect to networks, set up your IT, download free softward and apps.
- Get to know your virtual campusBecome part of our thriving campus, and come together by sharing stories and experiences.
- Access free international counsellingFree, confidential, professional counselling is available in English and local languages to students located outside of Australia.
- Find supportStop 1 provides specialist assistance, advice and information for international students.
- Develop your academic skillsRealise your potential with online modules, workshops and appointments.
- Connect with the LibraryFind essential information to connect with the Library and its services and resources.
- Prioritise your wellbeingTake a free short course to help improve your wellbeing in the time of COVID-19.
- Stay engaged while studying onlineWe welcome you to engage in an inclusive study environment no matter where you are.
- Find a Study Hub near youA global network of Study Hubs to help you study and connect with other University of Melbourne students.