For information about COVID-19 and advice on coming to campus or studying online, visit our COVID-19 page.
- Confirm your timetable Important!View your allocated timetable and review and adjust if necessary.
- Complete Academic Integrity Important!Understand protocols for assignment writing and referencing to avoid plagiarism and collusion.
- Complete Consent Matters Important!Adhere to University expectations for appropriate conduct in your relationships.
- Adhere to the Student Charter Important!Know your responsibilities and commit to University values.
- Check if you're eligible for creditAdvanced Standing (credit for prior learning) can reduce the number of subjects you need to study.
- Manage your student account Check your student email, update your contact details, view your timetable and more.
- Check the census dates for your subjectsEvery subject you choose to study has a census date.
- Assess your study skillsTake this interactive module to get tips and discover resources to prepare you for studying.
- Attend Melbourne Orientation Important!Get to know your Uni, your course and your cohort at Orientation!
- Attend an Intro to Uni sessionLearn about transitioning to university, explore available opportunities and build your networks.
- Budget for living while studyingEstimate your costs, plan a budget and keep track of your expenses.
- Organise transport and concessionsIf you're using public transport in Melbourne and Victoria, find out about discounts on ticket prices.
- Find accommodation Learn about University Accommodation and other housing options.
- Explore campus mapsWhen you come on campus, these digital maps will help you navigate to classrooms, libraries, and other facilities.
- Get set up to use the LibraryFind essential information to connect with the Library and its services and resources.
- Find out about student clubsThere are over 150 student clubs and societies you can choose from.
- Prepare to meet your peer mentorLog into my.unimelb to connect with your peer mentor and fellow students.
- Discover Student Equity and Disability SupportSpecialised support services while you study.
- Learn about the Safer Community ProgramPromoting a respectful and inclusive University community.
- Get support from Stop 1 Stop 1 is your first point of contact for student support.
- Complete the DELAThe Diagnostic English Language Assessment helps assess your academic language skills.
- Know key dates Important!Official University holidays, event dates, enrolment deadlines, results dates and more.
- Learn about the last date to self-enrol Important!This is the last date you can enrol in or swap subjects.
- Get tech sorted Connect to networks, set up your IT equipment, download free software and apps.
- View Canvas LMS and support guidesView subjects, submit assignments, listen to lectures and more.
- Develop your study skillsResources to improve your academic skills such as assignment writing, referencing, and exam preparation.
- Stay active with MU SportEnjoy recreation, fitness and sport with MU Sport! Includes online workouts, programs, and wellbeing tips.
- Explore leadership opportunitiesDevelop your leadership and employability skills by applying for a program or grant.
- Engage with your mentor and peersAttend all your mentoring sessions, get involved and share fun and memorable experiences with your group.
- Discover health servicesHealth and wellbeing services include medical, dental, eye care and mental health resources.
- Attend workshops and sessionsDevelop your skills, discover opportunities, and get support and advice on a range of topics.
- Prepare for examsAccess your timetable, learn about exam formats and what materials you can use during an exam.
- Check exam dates and timetableYou'll be able to view your exam timetable through your my.unimelb account.
- Understand special considerationIf circumstances impact your ability to study, you may be eligible for support.
- Check your results You can view your results in your my.unimelb account.
Prepare for life at Melbourne
Our International Student Checklist tells you everything you need to know about starting your studies online, preparing to move to Melbourne and ensuring a smooth transition into Melbourne life.