Get ready for Melbourne
Organise your travel to Melbourne and get ready to depart.
- Organise your travel documents Use our information to navigate the visa process.
- Book your flights Find out when you need to arrive.
- Find accommodation Explore housing options for students.
- Watch our international student webinars Learn about Melbourne, local culture and what to expect.
- Set up a bank account Open an Australian bank account before you depart.
- Pack your bags Learn what you need to bring to Australia.
- Get set up in Melbourne Find out where to buy furniture, bikes, food and more.
Complete critical admin
Complete these important tasks and compulsory learning modules before you begin your studies.
- Order your student card You must have a student card when starting your studies. Order yours online.
- Check your fees Understand your fees, due dates and payment options.
- Complete the compulsory module: Academic Integrity Compulsory module on referencing and sources for graduate students.
- Read the Student Charter Learn what you are responsible for while studying at the University.
- Complete the DELA assessment Find out which English skills you most need to focus on in your studies.
Plan and attend Melbourne Orientation
Register for events, explore campus and get to know your University community.
- Plan your Melbourne Orientation itineraryUse the event planner to lock in activities you don't want to miss.
- Attend Intro to Uni Our range of sessions will prepare you to start university.
- Meet your Peer Mentor The Melbourne Peer Mentor Program for undergraduate students kicks off during Orientation.
- Apply for a public transport concession See if you qualify to travel at discounted prices.
- Book a campus tour Find out about the University's history, buildings and facilities on a walking tour.
- Use campus maps Find your way around with our digital maps.
- Join a student club There are over 150 student clubs and societies you can choose from.
- Check out Melbourne University Sport Access our gym, pool, courts and group fitness classes.
Explore University platforms and systems
Get to know important digital tools which you'll use regularly during your studies.
- Learning Management System (LMS) Access subjects, watch lectures and submit assignments.
- my.unimelb Access your student email, personal and enrolment details and more.
- students.unimelb Essential information to help your studies, course admin and uni life.
- Software and apps Use Student IT to set up your device with free software and apps.
- Campus wifi Campus-wide internet is available for all students.
- SafeZone Stay safe on campus with the free SafeZone app.
- Student services directory Browse our full range of academic, financial and career support services.
- Health and wellbeing hub Discover services and resources to support your wellbeing.