All coursework students can access dedicated appointments with specialist course advisers. Appointments are virtual, by phone or in-person.
Course planning appointments are the best way to get answers to questions about your course.
During your 15 minute appointment, Course Advisers can help you with course rules and structure, choosing subjects, using the Study Plan, Concurrent Diplomas, Reduced Study Load, Student Abroad and Exchange subject planning and checking you’re on track to graduate.
There is often high demand for course planning and enrolment support appointments during our peak periods of June-August and November-March.
Additional appointments are released daily at 9am, so please check back then to book the next available appointment. Alternatively you can submit an online enquiry or review our online information about how to plan your course.
Before booking your appointment
Before booking an appointment, check whether you're able to manage your own enrolment online. Many enrolment changes can be made quickly and easily by submitting an Enrolment Variation (EV) form.
You can submit an EV form to:
- Have a subject prerequisite waived
- Move subjects around on your Study Plan
- Change your major, minor or stream
- Request to overload or over-enrol.
If you are a first-year undergraduate student, we encourage you to explore our interactive course planner to understand your course rules, subject requisites, elective, and breadth options. My Course Planner is available for students in the following courses: Bachelor of Agriculture, Arts, Biomedicine, Commerce, Design, Fine Arts (all disciplines) , Music or Science.
If you are a new Bachelors student, you should book into a Course Planning 101 seminar before you book a one-on-one appointment. This beneficial seminar will explain your curriculum, assist you to plan for your degree and help you understand the next steps for your enrolment. Please note that this is a general session and tailored specific advice will not be provided.
Assistance with your class timetable
Book an appointment or submit an enquiry
If you need further assistance, you can either book an appointment or submit an enquiry.
When booking an appointment, select one of the following from the 'Booking Type' field:
- 'Course Planning (In-person)' (for an in-person appointment)
- 'Course Planning (Zoom Virtual)' (for a virtual appointment via Zoom)
- 'Course Planning (Phone)' (for a phone appointment).
- Appointments are 15 minutes in length.
- To make the most of your virtual or phone appointment, we strongly recommend you are in a quiet area with access to a computer so that we can talk through your Study Plan and other resources. Our adviser will contact you as close to your appointment time as possible.
- If you can’t attend your appointment, please cancel it so that other students can book the time.
Preparing for your appointment
To make the most of your appointment, we recommend you prepare by having a list of questions ready for your course adviser and exploring these resources:
- Review our how to plan your course page
- Find out how to enrol in subjects and use the Study Plan
- Check your course and subject details in the Handbook
- Review your faculty resources, videos and guides, and download a course map template to help you build your course
- If you are a first-year undergraduate student, use My Course Planner to plan your subjects and how you can reach your major
- If you're a new student, follow the steps in Get Started at Melbourne.