All coursework students can access dedicated appointments with specialist course advisers. Appointments are virtual, by phone or in-person.
Course Advisers can help you with course rules and structure, choosing subjects, using the Study Plan, Concurrent Diplomas, Reduced Study Load, Study Abroad and Exchange subject planning and checking you’re on track to graduate.
Before booking an appointment
Try our online planner
Use My Course Planner to plan your subjects and majors for your bachelors degree.
Check if you can use the Enrolment Variation form
Before booking an appointment, check whether you're able to manage your own enrolment online. Many enrolment changes can be made quickly and easily by submitting an Enrolment Variation (EV) form.
You can submit an EV form to:
- Have a subject prerequisite waived
- Move subjects around on your Study Plan
- Change your major, minor or stream
- Request to overload or over-enrol.
Get assistance with your class timetable
If you need assistance with your class timetable, please see our class timetable guides.
Book an appointment or submit an enquiry
There is often high demand for course planning and enrolment support appointments during our peak periods of June-August and November-March. During these peaks, appointment durations are shortened so we can open more booking times for you to choose from. Booking outside of peak periods will enable you to have a longer conversation with an Adviser.
Additional appointments are released daily at 9am and 12pm (AEDT/AEST), so please check back then to book the next available appointment. Alternatively you can submit an online enquiry or review our online information about how to plan your course. We encourage you to review your course plans regularly through your studies and contact our Course Advisers throughout the year.
You can either book an appointment or submit an enquiry.
When booking an appointment, select one of the following from the 'Booking Type' field:
- 'Course Planning (In-person)' (for an in-person appointment)
- 'Course Planning (Zoom Virtual)' (for a virtual appointment via Zoom)
- 'Course Planning (Phone)' (for a phone appointment).
For virtual or phone appointments, we strongly recommend you are in a quiet area with access to a computer so that we can talk through your Study Plan and other resources.Our adviser will contact you as close to your appointment time as possible.
If you can't attend, please cancel your appointment
If you can’t attend your appointment, please cancel it so that other students can book the time.
Preparing for your appointment
To make the most of your appointment, we recommend you prepare by having a list of questions ready for your course adviser and exploring these resources:
- Review our how to plan your course page
- Find out how to enrol in subjects and use the Study Plan
- Check your course and subject details in the Handbook
- Review your faculty resources, videos and guides, and download a course map template to help you build your course
- If you are a first-year undergraduate student, use My Course Planner to plan your subjects and how you can reach your major
- If you're a new student, follow the steps in Get Started at Melbourne.