All coursework students can access dedicated appointments with specialist course advisers. Appointments are virtual, by phone or in-person.
Course planning appointments are the best way to get answers to questions about your course.
Our specialist course advisers can help you with:
- Planning your course, major or specialisation
- Understanding course rules and structure
- Subject selection
- Using the Study Plan
- Concurrent diploma planning
- Course planning around Study Abroad/Exchange
- Checking you are on track to graduate
- Advice on changing course direction
- Planning for further study.
Managing your enrolment online
Before booking an appointment, check whether you're able to manage your own enrolment online. Many enrolment changes can be made quickly and easily by submitting an Enrolment Variation (EV) form.
You can submit an EV form to:
- Have a subject prerequisite waived
- Move subjects around on your Study Plan
- Change your major, minor or stream
- Request to overload or over-enrol.
Assistance with your class timetable
Book an appointment
If you need further course planning or enrolment assistance, you can book an appointment with one of our course advisers.
In the 'Booking Type' box, select either:
- 'Course Planning (In-person)' (for an in-person appointment)
- 'Course Planning (Zoom Virtual)' (for a virtual appointment via Zoom)
- 'Course Planning (Phone)' (for a phone appointment).
There is often high demand for course planning and enrolment support appointments during our peak periods of June-August and November-March.
Additional appointments are released daily at 9am, so please check back then to book the next available appointment. Alternatively you can submit an online enquiry and receive a response within two business days.
- To make the most of your virtual or phone appointment, we strongly recommend you are in a quiet area with access to a computer so that we can talk through your Study Plan and other resources. Our adviser will contact you as close to your appointment time as possible.
- If you can’t attend your appointment, please cancel it so that other students can book the time.
Preparing for your appointment
To make the most of your appointment, we recommend you prepare by having a list of questions ready for your course adviser and exploring these resources:
- Review our how to plan your course page
- Find out how to enrol in subjects and use the Study Plan
- Check your course and subject details in the Handbook
- Review your faculty resources, videos and guides, and download a course map template to help you build your course
- If you're a new student, follow the steps in Get Started at Melbourne.