All coursework students can access dedicated assistance from course advisers online or on the phone.
Getting the most out of your course and university experience starts with choosing the right subjects. Our guide on planning your subjects and course gives an overview on the things you need to consider when choosing subjects.
Sometimes you might need a little extra help in deciding what to study. Our course advisers can help you with:
- Planning a course, major or specialisation
- Understanding course rules and structure
- Subject selection
- Using the Study Plan
- Concurrent diploma planning
- Course planning around Study Abroad/Exchange
- Checking you are on track to graduate
- Advice on changing course direction
- Planning for further study.
Manage your enrolment online
Many enrolment changes can be made quickly and easily by submitting an Enrolment Variation (EV) form. You can submit an EV form to:
- Have a subject prerequisite waived
- Move subjects around on your Study Plan
- Change your major, minor or stream
- Request to overload or over-enrol.
Assistance with your class timetable
Book an appointment for course advice or enrolment assistance
If you need further course planning or enrolment assistance, you can book a phone appointment with one of our course advisers.
To make the most of your phone appointment, we strongly recommend you are in a quiet area, with access to a computer so that we can talk through your Study Plan and other resources. Our adviser will contact you from a ‘private number’, so please be ready to answer.
- If you'd prefer not to make an appointment, or if you can’t find an available time that works for you, please submit an online enquiry via ask.unimelb.
- If you can’t attend your appointment, please cancel it so that other students can book the time.
Making the most of your appointment
To make the most of your course advising experience, we recommend you prepare by having a list of questions ready for your course adviser, and exploring these resources:
- Review our course planning information
- Learn how to change your enrolment online
- Find out how to enrol in subjects and use the Study Plan
- Find your course and subject details in the Handbook
- Check out your faculty resources, videos and guides and download a course map template to help you build your course
- If you're a new student, follow the steps in Get Started at Melbourne.