Alternative Exam Arrangements (AEAs) are study adjustments offered to students who have been granted special consideration for ongoing support. They usually require changes to the scheduled conditions or format of an exam.
AEAs apply to all exams, including:
- End-of-semester and end-of-year exams
- Supplementary and special exams
- In-class and mid-semester tests
- Practical exams.
What circumstances may require an AEA?
Circumstances might include:
- Chronic or permanent physical or mental health conditions
- Significant carer responsibilities
- Elite athletes or performers
- Defence Reservists
- Emergency volunteers
- Official religious or cultural reasons.
What adjustments are available?
Adjustments are determined case-by-case for individual subjects. Possible adjustments include:
- Additional reading and/or writing time
- Rest breaks
- Completing examinations on a computer
- Organising a scribe to write for you
- Sitting your exam in a different venue or at a different time.
How to register
To be considered for an AEA and other study adjustments, follow these steps to register for ongoing support.