Developed in conjunction with Australian universities, the GradWISE program is designed to provide support and improve employment opportunities for students living with a disability, illness or injury.
If you’re a student who identifies as someone with a disability, illness or injury, GradWISE offers a customised one-on-one employment coaching program that complements existing support provided by the University of Melbourne. By working with you and a pool of employers, the program aims to help you land the perfect graduate role aligned to your skills and aspirations.
What type of support does GradWISE provide?
As part of the program, you will be assigned a Career Coach who will help you through the following four stages:
- Key assessments and profiles: They will help you assess your strengths, possible areas of development and create a profile to understand the types of work best suited to you and your qualifications.
- Coaching and development road map: They will help create a coaching and development road map (which can include internships, casual work, volunteering and mentoring) to make you competitive in your study to work transition.
- Job placement and support: They will review and provide advice on your application documents (including your resume and cover letter). They will also help you search for, interview and land your dream graduate role. This includes supporting you and your new employer with training, workplace modifications and ongoing support requirements with your new workplace.
- GradWISE alumni: They will track your milestones, help you to stay on your chosen career path and provide support for as long as you need.
How to sign up
If you would benefit from taking part in the GradWISE program, sign up below.
If you have any questions or want to find out more about the program, please contact Edward Osano at email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
Am I eligible for GradWISE?
To be part of the program, you will need to be:
- An Australian permanent resident or citizen seeking roles in all states and territories (except WA)
- In your penultimate or final year of university (from any course), or have graduated within the last two years
- Not working full-time
- Someone who identifies as living with a disability, mental or physical illness or injury.
What will my first six months at GradWISE include?
Your first six months at GradWISE includes:
- An initial meeting: An introduction to the GradWISE program and you will meet your Career Coach.
- An employability audit: Creating an individually tailored plan to allow you to map your dream in reverse. Within this audit, your Career Coach will help you to create a competitive CV and start to map the road to success.
- GradWISE masterclasses: Monthly GradWISE masterclasses will introduce you to industry experts, the graduate application process, interview techniques and a range of different topics to help you on your employment journey.
- GradWISE live: Creating a safe space and community to build social safety for you and other students/graduates. You can share your collective experiences and feel supported.
- Peer support: Connecting you with other students/graduates and former GradWISE members who have completed the program and have been in employment for 6-12 months.
- NeuroZone coaching: Brain and body optimisation coaching which works on the 10 foundational drivers to help you thrive within every aspect of your life.
- Mentorship: Linking you with a mentor within your desired field to help you navigate the workplace.
- Internships: Linking you into supported workplace environments to ensure you have the skill set, confidence and knowledge to be able to thrive within the work environment.
- Shadow days: Introducing you to supportive employers where you can obtain different workplace experiences and build your CV and knowledge of different industries.
- Applying for graduate roles: Graduate applications are open every six months - by this stage, you will have the confidence, experience and exposure to industry to be able to excel in the application process.
Is there someone I can contact about the program?
If you have any questions about the GradWISE program and how it can help you, please contact Edward Osano at firstname.lastname@example.org