Developed in conjunction with Australian universities, the GradWISE program is designed to provide support and improve employment opportunities for students living with a disability, illness or injury.
If you are a student identifying with a disability, illness, or injury, GradWISE presents a personalised one-on-one employment coaching program that complements the University of Melbourne's existing support. Our goal is to collaborate with you and a network of employers to assist you in securing the ideal graduate position, perfectly aligned with your unique skills and aspirations.
The support provided by GradWISE
At GradWISE, we offer comprehensive support through four key stages, guided by your dedicated Career Coach:
- Key Assessments and Profiles: Your Career Coach will assist you in evaluating your strengths and areas for potential development. Together, you will create a profile that identifies the types of work best suited to your qualifications and aspirations.
- Coaching and Development Road Map: We will collaboratively develop a coaching and development road map tailored to your needs. This plan may encompass internships, casual work, volunteering, and mentoring, all aimed at enhancing your competitiveness during the transition from study to work.
- Job Placement and Support: Your Career Coach will provide valuable guidance in refining your application documents, including resume and cover letter preparation. Additionally, they will support you in searching for job opportunities and preparing for interviews, ultimately helping you secure your dream graduate role. We also work closely with your future employer to ensure necessary workplace modifications, training, and ongoing support are in place.
- GradWISE Alumni: After you secure your graduate role, our support doesn't end. We'll continue to track your milestones and assist you in staying on your chosen career path. GradWISE is here to provide support for as long as you need it, ensuring your continued success and growth.
How to sign up
If you would benefit from taking part in the GradWISE program, sign up below.
If you have any questions or want to find out more about the program, please contact Edward Osano at email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
Am I eligible for GradWISE?
To be part of the program, you will need to be:
- An Australian permanent resident or citizen seeking roles in all states and territories (except WA)
- In your penultimate or final year of university (from any course), or have graduated within the last two years
- Not working full-time
- Someone who identifies as living with a disability, mental or physical illness or injury.
What will my first six months at GradWISE include?
Your first six months at GradWISE includes:
- An initial meeting: An introduction to the GradWISE program and you will meet your Career Coach.
- An employability audit: Creating an individually tailored plan to allow you to map your dream in reverse. Within this audit, your Career Coach will help you to create a competitive CV and start to map the road to success.
- GradWISE masterclasses: Monthly GradWISE masterclasses will introduce you to industry experts, the graduate application process, interview techniques and a range of different topics to help you on your employment journey.
- GradWISE live: Creating a safe space and community to build social safety for you and other students/graduates. You can share your collective experiences and feel supported.
- Peer support: Connecting you with other students/graduates and former GradWISE members who have completed the program and have been in employment for 6-12 months.
- NeuroZone coaching: Brain and body optimisation coaching which works on the 10 foundational drivers to help you thrive within every aspect of your life.
- Mentorship: Linking you with a mentor within your desired field to help you navigate the workplace.
- Internships: Linking you into supported workplace environments to ensure you have the skill set, confidence and knowledge to be able to thrive within the work environment.
- Shadow days: Introducing you to supportive employers where you can obtain different workplace experiences and build your CV and knowledge of different industries.
- Applying for graduate roles: Graduate applications are open every six months - by this stage, you will have the confidence, experience and exposure to industry to be able to excel in the application process.
Is there someone I can contact about the program?
If you have any questions about the GradWISE program and how it can help you, please contact Edward Osano at firstname.lastname@example.org