Preparing your resume, online professional profile and pitch can take time and planning. Great feedback helps improve your job portfolio, your confidence and your success.
The University has a new career platform which includes tools that can be accessed where you are, at any time, used independently or with the support of our advisers in the Careers & Employability (C&E) Studio.
SMART Resume offers instant and targeted suggestions, secure 24/7 real-time guidance on your resume.
It also includes:
- Smart Editor: Create a resume using one of three templates; or transform your existing resume into a provided template to refine formatting and receive real-time feedback on content.
- Career Fit: Get an assessment of your fit towards a target career or industry function to help you prioritise your career preparation and planning
- Aspire: Get detailed feedback and guidance to improve key LinkedIn profile elements for career, search engine ranking and profile visibility.
- Elevator Pitch: Improve your delivery of speech and focus on content strength while communicating in interviews.
How to use SMART Resume
- Get on the platform using your student login details
- Upload your resume
- Get instant feedback and suggestions
- Make the changes that the system suggests offline and re-upload your resume to improve your score. The platform is AI-driven so to improve your score, you will need to make all the recommended changes
- Alternatively, use the Smart Editor tool to transform your resume into one of three provided templates, and then edit your resume while receiving real-time content feedback
- You have up to 10 uploads per year, with uploads resetting by March. It is strongly recommended that you action all feedback before re-uploading, so as not to churn through uploads and hit your limit
- Come and talk to an advisor in the C&E Studio if you get stuck – we’re here to help
- In the green zone? Come and talk about tailoring and strategic career steps with a professional advisor
- If you reach the green zone and have uploads remaining, save them for future use. You can use the platform again when you add work experiences, or new skills to your resume.
Haven't got a resume yet?
- Start with a guide and template to create one
- Login to SMART Resume and use the Smart Editor tool to create a resume using one of three provided templates
- Join the Careers and Employability LMS Community to complete the free Building a professional resume module
Unable to log in?
You will need to agree to a consent statement when you first log into SMART Resume. See the privacy information in the information consent document.
For career conversations about job searching, resumes, applications, interviews, internships, graduate roles, skills and more, visit the Careers and Employability Studio. We’re here to help.