You'll need your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to apply for your student visa. If you're living in University-approved accommodation, you'll also need your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter.
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, CAAW letters will only be issued to international students that are currently in Australia.
- For international students that are currently offshore, we will not be issuing CAAW forms until travel restrictions to Australia are lifted.
Once the University has verified your International Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement and approved your accommodation and welfare arrangements, you will be issued with your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
The CoE is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that you have accepted a place in a course and have paid your tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
If you've applied to live in University-approved accommodation, you'll also receive a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter.
Your CoE and CAAW letter (if applicable) must be submitted as part of your student visa application.
You will receive these documents within 10 working days of:
- Your International Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement being submitted, and
- Your accommodation and welfare arrangements being approved by the University (if required).
They will be sent to the email address you listed in the agreement. If you haven't received them after this time, please contact Stop 1.
What can I do while I'm waiting for my CoE?
- Start planning your subjects and course. Course planning takes a lot of time and thought as you consider your study options. Make a start now.
- Check the Handbook. This is the definitive source of subject information. Explore all the subjects you might be interested in taking.