If you will be under 18 years of age when you arrive in Australia, you must:
- Have appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements in place as required by the Department of Home Affairs
- Ensure there is no gap in the dates on your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) between your school or pathway program and your start date at the University.
Accept your offer
Follow these steps to accept your offer, apply for your visa and confirm your place at the University of Melbourne.
*If you applied to study via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC), you need to 'Set up your student account' (step 4) before you 'Accept your offer' (step 2).
- 1. Choose your accommodation Review accommodation and welfare options and select the best one for you.
- 2. Accept your offer* Choose your OSHC and complete the Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement.
- 3. Receive your CoE You will need this document to apply for your student visa.
- 4. Set up your student account Your account gives you access to my.unimelb, your student email and more.
- 5. Submit your visa application A student visa is necessary to study in Australia as an international student.
- 6. Explore my.unimelb Start exploring key University platforms like my.unimelb.
- 7. Complete your administrative enrolment Complete your course enrolment and provide your personal details.
- 8. Understand safety support services Learn about support services for you.
- 9. Attend the compulsory Under 18 Program induction Meet your peers and support staff.
Plan your course
Attend an information session to get advice and learn how to map out your course plan.
- 1. Register for a Course Planning 101 session Attend an in-person or online session led by a course adviser.
- 2. Understand course planning terms and resources. Get familiar with key concepts and your course requirements.
- 3. Map out your course plan Start exploring your options and create a plan that’s right for you.
Enrol in your subjects
Once you've mapped out your course plan, it's time to enrol in your subjects and create your timetable.
Make your first semester a success
From completing your student induction to preparing for your first assessment, work your way through the New Student Checklist to ensure a smooth transition into university.
Need help enrolling?
Submit an online enquiry to Stop 1 and we'll get back to you within 10 business days.