The University of Melbourne welcomes international students under the age of 18 years. Now that you've received your offer letter, follow the steps below to complete your enrolment.
When you enter Australia on a student visa before your 18th birthday, you must have appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements in place as required by the Department of Home Affairs. Follow these steps to choose and organise your accommodation and welfare arrangements. You can then accept your offer, apply for your visa, and complete your enrolment.
- 1. Choose your accommodation Review accommodation and welfare options and select the best one for you.
- 2. Accept your offer Complete and submit your Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement.
- 3. Receive your CoE You will need this document to apply for your student visa.
- 4. Submit your visa application A student visa is necessary to study in Australia as an international student.
- 5. Set up your official student account Get portal and library access.
- 6. Log into your student portal Get familiar with my.unimelb, your online home for all things university-related.
- 7. Complete your administrative enrolment Complete your course enrolment and provide your personal details.
- 8. Understand safety support services The University is committed to ensuring a respectful and inclusive environment for students under the age of 18 years old.
- 9. Attend an Intro to Uni virtual session Learn about our COVID-safe campus and transitioning to uni life while also meeting your peers!
- 10. Plan your course Choose which subjects to take using the Handbook and course maps.
- 11. Enrol in your subjects Use the Study Plan to enrol in the subjects you’ve chosen.
- 12. Check your fees and due dates Understand your fees, due dates, payment options and the importance of paying on time.
- 13. Order your student card Upload your photo online and get your card before classes start.
- 14. Start creating your timetable Once you’ve enrolled in your subjects, you will be ready to start building your class timetable.
- 15. Attend the compulsory Under 18 Program induction session Meet your peers and support staff.
- 16. Plan your Melbourne Orientation itinerary Use the event planner to lock in activities you don't want to miss.