Safer Sex Practices program
The Safer Sex Practices program empowers you to make safer sex choices by providing free sexual health information and contraceptives like condoms, lubricant, dental dams etc.
"The package was amazing, the outside envelope kept it extremely discreet!"- Student
"[It was] easy to use the online ordering form and [the] order came through very quickly." - Student
How does it work?
There are a lot of barriers that can influence whether you make safer sexual choices, and a major obstacle to practicing safe sex is the accessibility and affordability of condoms and lubricant.
The Safer Sex Practices program is designed to give you free, easy, and discreet access to contraceptives and sexual health information so that you’re empowered to practice safer sex.
To place an order:
- Click on the 'Order Now' link below
- Complete the order form (a confirmation email will be sent to your UoM email address)
- Your order will be prepared in 7-10 business day
- Once your order is ready, you will receive an email with confirmation details.
Data collected will be kept completely confidential and used only for the purpose of the Safer Sex Practices program evaluation.
During the 2018 pilot students said…
- It was easier to practise safer sex as a result of participating in the program (86%)
- They were more likely to get an STI test since participating in the program (81%)
- They were more likely to know of specific questions to ask to ensure they have their sexual partner's consent (21%)
Why do we need the Safer Sex Practices Program?
The Safer Sex Practices Program addresses a range of health needs and concerns among university students, including:
- the recent increase in the number of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), with young people aged 12–24 years among the most at risk
- according to the UoM Health Promotion Student Needs Assessment, only 31% of students reported 'always' using a condom during vaginal intercourse and 19% reported 'never' using a condom
- barriers to accessing condoms (e.g. expensive, embarrassing).
- Relationship resources
- UoM Health Service
- Melbourne Sexual Health Centre
- Family Planning Victoria
- The Alfred Sexual Health Education Centre
- Safer sex fact sheet- Bupa Wellness
- STI fact sheet - Bupa Wellness
For further inquiries related to the Safer Sex Practices program, please email email@example.com