Wellbeing and accommodation

Tell us about your enquiry and we'll let you know the best way to get help.

  • Who can I talk to about financial support?

    Student Support (Financial Aid) provides students with advice and advocacy around government payments, student loans, grants based on financial need, and welfare support.

    You can read more about the full range of services provided by Financial Aid or email the Financial Aid team at finaid-info@unimelb.edu.au.

    Need more help?

    Financial Aid Website (recommended) Call us Email

  • Where can I find Student Accommodation services?

    For information about available housing options, including university-owned and operated accommodation, you can view the Student Housing website.

    For off-campus accommodation options, please visit our Off-campus housing network.

    If you require temporary accommodation, you can find more information here.

    If you're seeking emergency accommodation, please contact Stop 1 or call 13 MELB (13 6352).

    Need more help?

    Email (recommended) Enquiry

  • What is University Accommodation and how do I apply?

    University Accommodation is on-campus accommodation that is owned and operated by the University exclusively for University of Melbourne students. Enjoy high-quality, secure, apartment-style living located within walking distance of the Parkville campus.

    To find out more about the facilities, room types, costs and inclusions, please visit our Student Accommodation website.

    When you're ready, you can submit your application here.

    Need more help?

    Email (recommended) Enquiry

  • Can I apply for short stay accommodation?

    If you need to find accommodation after you arrive in Melbourne, temporary accommodation may suit you while you search for more permanent options.

    Find out more here.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended)

  • I would like to speak to a psychologist

    The University provides free, confidential, short-term counselling services to current students and staff, as well as workshops, mental health training, and helpful resources.

    You can make an appointment with the Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) team online, or by phoning +61 3 8344 6927. CAPS is available Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm. The University also provides an After hours phone/text service.  

    You can also consult with a GP or doctor through the University Health Service.

    Need more help?

    Contact CAPS (recommended)

  • I am concerned about my/someone else's welfare.

    If you're concerned about either your or someone else's welfare, please reach out to our Safer Community Program. You can phone the team at +61 3 9035 8675 or email them directly at safer-community@unimelb.edu.au. For further ways to contact the team and receive immediate assistance, please see their website.

    If you require any additional support, please call 13MELB (13 6352) or book an appointment with Stop 1.

    Need more help?

    Call us (recommended) Book a personal non-academic support - personal safety issue appointment

  • How do I get support as an Indigenous Australian student?

    The Murrup Barak Melbourne Institute for Indigenous Development can assist and support you during your time at the University of Melbourne.

    If you're considering studying at the University and want advice or support, you can contact the Murrup Barak Student Outreach Team.

    If you’re a current student, you can submit an enquiry to an Indigenous Student Success Officer.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Contact student outreach team

  • I have a different question

    Please contact us using one of the channels below.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us