Find out about LGBTI+ groups and resources both at the University and externally.
The University of Melbourne recognises the richness diversity brings and pride ourselves on fostering and promoting a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment free from discrimination, harassment, vilification, or victimisation based on sexual orientation, sexuality, or gender identity.
University of Melbourne groups and services
- UMSU Queer – the UniMelb queer student community
- UniMelb CAPS – LGBTQIA+ Counselling and Support
- Trans Health Research – Gender Health Resources
External groups and services
- Black Rainbow - Australia’s National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Trans* and Intersex service
- Minus18 – Australia’s youth driven network for LGBTQIA+ young people
- QLife – anonymous and free LGBTI peer support
- Queerspace – counselling, for community by community
- Switchboard Victoria – peer-driven support for the LGBTIQA+ community, their families and allies
- Transgender Victoria – Victoria’s leading body for trans and gender diverse advocacy