Student visa

Tell us about your enquiry and we'll let you know the best way to get help.

  • How do I extend my Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)?

    University provided CoEs:

    Most students who require a revised CoE will be provided one by the University following an approved reason such as Reduced Study Load or Leave of Absence (for a compassionate and/or compelling reason), Late Withdrawal of Subjects, or having been identified for unsatisfactory academic progress. If one of the above reasons applies to you, a CoE will be sent to you following the approved reason and prior to your current visa expiry.

    Student requested CoEs:

    You can submit a request for a new extended CoE if you have failed a subject/s in your final half year, or if you currently hold a non-student visa and are wanting to apply for a student visa. These requests will be prioritised in line with your current visa end date.

    You can also request a resend of your CoE at any time. Please use the submit a request form and select ‘Resend CoE’ from the Reason for request options.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • My CoE is invalid what can I do?

    You will get an invalid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) warning message if you are applying for a student visa with a CoE which has a start date in the past. You can ignore this warning as long as the CoE end date is correct, this is a soft warning and will not prevent you from continuing with your application.

    If your CoE end date is incorrect You can submit a request for a revised CoE.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • How and when can I extend my student visa?

    While you can’t extend your current visa, you can apply for a new visa if you haven't completed your course within your visa time frame. You can apply for a new student visa any time before your current one expires; however, it is recommended that you apply no more than four months before your current visa expires.

    There are five steps involved in this process:

    1. Extend your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

    2. Request a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

    3. Consider your location as this will influence the type of visa you're eligible for.

    4. Submit your application.

    5. Update your visa status.

    Need more help?

    Renew your student visa page (recommended) Call us

  • When will I receive my updated CoE?

    If you have requested a new CoE, we will endeavour to assess and reply to your request within 10 Business Days. However, please note where we have a high demand for CoE’s, we continually monitor pending requests for urgency and will prioritise any requests from students whose current visas are expiring soonest.

    When the university identifies your course duration has changed, following an event that will extend your course duration such as:

    • being approved to take a reduced study load,
    • receiving an implemented strategy following a Course Academic Progress (CAPC),
    • subjects are late withdrawn via Fee remission

    you will be provided with an updated CoE from the university automatically. This will be provided to you via your student email address, following the approved reason and prior to your current visa expiry.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • I am a commencing student. When will I receive my first CoE?

    You should receive your CoE within 10 working days after submitting your International Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement. It will be sent to the email address you listed in the agreement.

    If you haven't received your CoE after this time, please check your email in case additional information has been requested from you to enable processing of your acceptance. If it has been more than 10 working days and you have not received anything, please contact Stop 1.

    Need more help?

    Call us (recommended)

  • Do I need a student visa if I am completing my course offshore?

    In 2023 we are welcoming students back on campus, if however, your remaining subjects are offered online you can complete your course from overseas, you don’t need a current visa to complete your studies with us.

    Please be aware that if you intend to apply for a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa after completing your course, please check the Department of Home Affairs website regarding eligibility to ensure you maintain your entitlements.

    Need more help?

    Call us (recommended) Enquiry

  • How do I provide my visa or passport details to the University?

    Your visa status may change during your time at the University. Instructions on how to update your visa information can be found on the Updating your Visa status and passport details website.

    You do not need to advise us if you have received a new Student visa.

    Need more help?

    Updating your visa status and passport details page (recommended) Call us

  • Can I get a 1545 visa fee waiver form?

    You may be eligible to have your student visa application fee waived if you:

    • held a student visa on or after 1 February 2020, AND
    • deferred your study as you were unable to enter Australia due to travel restrictions
    • were forced to reduce to a part-time study load (this is only where a subject did not run)
    • were unable to complete your work-based training or placements.

    The department will not approve a visa fee waiver if ‘ordinary’ reasons have contributed to needing a new student visa, which include requesting to reduce your study load, taking a leave of absence for reasons other than travel restriction, receiving a points restriction via CAPC and failing subjects.

    If you meet the eligibility requirements, please submit an enquiry to request Form 1545: 

    1. Use the subject line ‘1545 request’.
    2. Indicate what visa you're applying for (e.g., 500, 485).
    3. Outline how you meet the eligibility requirements.

  • I have a different question

    Please contact us using one of the channels below.

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us