How to replace your student card
If your card is lost or stolen, you must immediately:
- Contact the Library to suspend the borrowing access on your card.
- Cancel card access to buildings and labs by calling Security on +61 3 8344 4674.
How to order your replacement student card
- Select your reason for replacement in the CaptureME portal.
- Faulty or Damaged - You still have your card, but it is physically damaged, cracked or bent and no longer works correctly.
- Lost or Stolen - You have lost your card, lost your wallet or your wallet was stolen with your student card inside it.
- Card Expired - Your card's expiry date has passed. Your card may have expired because you're a recently graduated student commencing a new course, or your student card expiry date has passed before you have completed your current course.
- Pay the replacement fee if applicable. Please see replacement fee details below. You will be directed to another webpage to make your payment. You will then need to go back to CaptureMe to finalise your order.
- Upload your identity documents in the CaptureME portal using your Australian passport, Australian driver’s license or international passport.
If you’re unable to verify your identity using VerifyME, you can upload a copy of your Australian driver’s license or international passport by clicking on ‘Proceed to CaptureME’.
- Take your student card photo following the photo guidelines
- Select your preferred collection method.
- Collect your card in person via the collection method options below. If your photo is approved, your card will usually be available for collection from 1pm the following business day.
- If you choose to receive your student card by mail, make sure your preferred address on my.unimelb is up to date. Your card will be posted to the address you have recorded as your preferred address in my.unimelb within 15-20 working days.
- Collect your student card. You will receive a confirmation email when your student card is ready for collection or sent via postal mail to your recorded address. For in-person collection this is usually after 1pm the following business day. You will need to bring either a hard or digital copy of your passport, Australian driver’s license, or 100 points of ID to collect your card.
In person collection
Please visit one of the locations listed below to collect your student card in person. Your card will usually be available for collection from 1pm the following business day. You will receive a confirmation email when your student card is ready for collection. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 5 business days of placing your order, please contact Stop 1 to confirm whether your card is available for collection. You will need to bring either a hard or digital copy of your passport, Australian driver’s license, or 100 points of ID to collect your card.
|Campus||Location||Booking required for collection?||Open/Closed|
By postal mail
If you choose to receive your student card by mail, your card will be posted to the address you have recorded as your preferred address in my.unimelb within 15-20 working days.
Replacement card fee details
Replacement card fees below refer to cards ordered online through CaptureMe. If you purchase your replacement card in person through Stop 1 this will cost $50. We recommend you purchase your card online through CaptureMe to reduce the associated cost.
|Reason for replacement||Cost|
|Faulty card - Front of card has worn off or card cannot be read by card readers||$0.00|
|Damaged card through misuse - card is cracked or bent||$35.00|
|Stolen card (with police report)||$0.00|
|Stolen card (without police report)||$35.00|
|Expired card (new course) - If you're a recently-graduated student commencing a new course||$0.00|
|Expired card (same course) - If your student card expiry date has passed before you have completed your course||$0.00|
|Cards purchased in person - If you order your card in person instead of online through CaptureMe||$50.00|