We know planning overseas experiences can seem overwhelming – especially if you have never travelled solo before. Don't worry, we've made this planning process as simple as possible with our step-by-step guide.
This guide details how to apply for semester and year-long programs.
We suggest you go through this guide chronologically. However, there may be instances where you are working on tasks for more than one step at a time. We'll give you helpful hints along the way about when you should be starting to think about these tasks and how long they will take. Keep an eye out for coloured boxes.
Withdrawing from overseas study
- 1. Plan your overseas study Plan how your overseas study will fit into your degree.
- 2. Complete your application Apply to the University of Melbourne to study overseas.
- 3. Get Unimelb approval After you've submitted your application, the University of Melbourne will assess it for approval.
- 4. Complete your overseas study plan Get approval for the subjects you wish to take.
- 5. Apply to your host uni Apply to the host institution you wish to study at.
- 6. Get readyImportant tasks you need to complete before you travel.
- 7. When you arriveImportant tasks to complete when you arrive at your host institution.
- 8. While overseasKeep on top of your study arrangements while you're overseas.
- 9. Complete the final steps On returning home, ensure your stay is complete and credit points are transferred back to the University of Melbourne.