The student card pop up is open! From February 6 you can order your student card online and pick it up the following business day at the Parkville campus.
How to order your student card
All students must order their student card online by following these steps:
- Complete your course enrolment, including enrolling into subjects. If you are a graduate researcher, your candidature must have commenced before ordering a student card.
- Upload your identity documents in the CaptureME portal using your Australian passport, Australian driver’s license or international passport.
If you’re unable to verify your identity using VerifyME, you can upload a copy of your Australian driver’s license or international passport by clicking on ‘Proceed to CaptureME’.
- Take your student card photo following the photo guidelines below.
- Upload your student card photo via the CaptureME portal.
If you are experiencing issues using CaptureME please refer to the troubleshooting FAQ.
- Select your preferred collection method.
- Collect your card in person via the collection method options below. If your photo is approved, your card will usually be available for collection from 1pm the following business day.
- If you choose to receive your student card by mail, make sure your preferred address on my.unimelb is up to date. Your card will be posted to the address you have recorded as your preferred address in my.unimelb within 15-20 working days.
- Collect your student card. You will receive a confirmation email when your student card is ready for collection or sent via postal mail to your recorded address. For in-person collection this is usually after 1pm the following business day. You will need to bring either a hard or digital copy of your passport, Australian driver’s license, or 100 points of ID to collect your card in person.
In person collection
After you have ordered your student card online, you will receive a confirmation email when your student card is ready for collection. Your card will usually be available for collection from 1pm the following business day. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 5 business days of placing your order, please contact Stop 1 to confirm whether your card is available for collection. You will need to bring either a hard or digital copy of your passport, Australian driver’s license, or 100 points of ID to collect your card.
|Campus||Location||Booking required for collection?||Open/Closed|
|Student card pop up||The Open Stage||No||Closed - Opens Feb 6|
By postal mail
If you choose to receive your student card by mail, your card will be posted to the address you have recorded as your preferred address in my.unimelb within 15-20 working days.
- Plain white background
- Head, neck and shoulders in frame
- Eyes should be clearly visible
- Must look straight into the camera
- Colour photo only
- No hat, no sunglasses
- No head covering, except on religious grounds
- Photo must not be digitally enhanced or edited
Checking that you have uploaded your student card photo
Once uploaded, your student card photo will appear on the my.unimelb home screen (if you have hidden your photo, you can click ‘show photo’ to unhide it). You can also log into the CaptureME portal to see a copy of the photo you uploaded and your card issue date.
Please check your spam or junk folders for confirmation emails from CaptureME, as we are currently experiencing issues with emails not being received in the main inbox.