We know planning overseas experiences can seem overwhelming – especially if you have never travelled solo before. Don't worry, we've made this planning process as simple as possible with our step-by-step guide.
This guide details how to apply for Short-term programs.
If you are applying for a different program, please visit the Step-by-step guide for semester and year-long programs or explore the University's other overseas study programs.
We suggest you go through this guide chronologically. However, there may be instances where you are working on tasks for more than one step at a time. We'll give you helpful hints along the way about when you should be starting to think about these tasks and how long they will take. Keep an eye out for coloured boxes.
- 1. Plan your overseas study Ensure the program fits well with your degree and future study plans.
- 2. Complete your University of Melbourne application Follow the process carefully as there are a few parts.
- 3. Get your application approved The University of Melbourne needs to approve your application.
- 4. Apply to your host institution Before your host’s deadline.
- 5. Get accepted by your host Be sure to tell us once your host institution accepts.
- 6. Get ready to go Start planning the trip itself.
- 7. Go overseas It’s time for the exciting part!
- 8. Transfer your credit Once you're back, make sure it’s counted towards your degree.