Tell us about your enquiry and we'll let you know the best way to get help.

  • Can I withdraw from subjects after the census date?

    You can withdraw from a subject/s after the census date and before the last date to withdraw without fail. This means that:

    • WD (‘Withdrawn’) grade will be recorded on your academic transcript and other statements for any subject you withdraw from
    • You can’t re-enrol for that study period (either by yourself or via an Enrolment Variation form) after withdrawing
    • You remain liable for the subject fees
    • If you withdraw from all subjects in a half-year period, your academic progress will be affected, and you may be invited to an At Risk or Course Academic Progress Committee (CAPC) meeting
    • The withdrawn subject/s may count towards your Student Learning Entitlement and completion rate (Commonwealth supported students).

    For further information on subject withdrawal, please visit the Subject Withdrawal webpage.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • How do I enrol in a subject after the last date to self-enrol?

    After the last date to self-enrol has passed, you won’t be able to enrol in subjects on your Study Plan yourself. Instead, you need to seek permission from the subject coordinator to enrol late into the subject and submit an Enrolment Variation (EV) form with the approval as evidence. Your request is then assessed on a case-by-case basis by your faculty.

    Please note, enrolling after the census date is not possible, even with subject coordinator approval.

    You can confirm a subject’s key dates on the ‘Dates and Times’ tab on the handbook .

    Please note that some Faculties have restrictions on late enrolment. For more information, please view our Enrolment Variation website.

    Need more help?

    Submit an enrolment variation form (recommended) Enquiry

  • How do I withdraw from a subject?

    Before withdrawing from subjects, please view the subject’s key dates in the handbook to understand the potential implications of withdrawing at different times in the semester.

    If you still wish to withdraw from a subject, you can do so from the Subject Withdrawal page in my.unimelb.

    1. Tick the box next to the subject you want to withdraw from and click 'Withdraw'.
    2. On the Potential Withdrawal List confirmation screen, check that your planned subject withdrawals are correct then click 'Confirm'.
    3. On the Withdrawal Confirmation screen, click 'Close' to complete the process.

    You can also speak to a Course Planner about how withdrawing from a subject may impact your course structure.

    Need more help?

    Subject withdrawal page (recommended) Call us

  • I'm having trouble enrolling in a subject on my Study Plan

    If you're unable to enrol in a subject on your Study Plan, please take the following actions:

    1. Confirm you meet the subject requirements by checking the handbook.
    2. Check there are no sanctions on your student account that are impacting your enrolment.
    3. Complete any tasks on your Study Plan (e.g., the Career Census, Highest Level of Completion).

    If you're still unable to enrol, please submit an Enrolment Variation (EV) form to request manual enrolment into subjects. You can also view instructions on how to complete and submit an EV form.

    Please continue to check your Study Plan and student email for updates on your request.

    Need more help?

    Submit an enrolment variation form (recommended) Call us

  • My study plan is empty and I can’t see any subjects to choose

    When using your Study Plan for the first time, you should be able to see the major, minor, specialisation, and subject options available for you to choose from.

    If you can only see a line with your course title and nothing else, your Study Plan needs to be expanded to include these options. The University will expand your study plan for you within two working days from the date that you were admitted to your course. Once your Study Plan has been expanded, you will be able to plan and enrol in subjects.

    If your Study Plan has not been expanded within two working days of admission to your course, you can submit a request via the Enrolment Variation form.

    Need more help?

    Submit an enrolment variation form (recommended) Enquiry

  • Why can't I enrol in a subject that I have met the prerequisite for?

    If you've met a prerequisite for a subject but it’s not recognised in your Study Plan, you can submit a prerequisite waiver through an Enrolment Variation (EV) form. EV forms can also be submitted for VCE Year 12 (or equivalent) prerequisites.

    1. Log in to Enrolment Variation Form.
    2. Select Course and Variation Type (add requisite waiver) and click 'Next'.
    3. Select 'Add Subject Requisite/Waiver or Request Overload'.
    4. Add the details of the subject you want to enrol in. (If the prerequisite relates to required grades for a prior subject, upload evidence of your results with your EV form.)
    5. Click all the mandatory declarations and submit the form.

    Need more help?

    Submit an enrolment variation form (recommended) Call us

  • How do I apply for a Leave of Absence?

    Coursework students

    If you've completed at least one semester of study and want to take time off from your course, you can apply for a Leave of Absence from the Leave of Absence page on my.unimelb. You must apply for one half-year period of leave, or up to 12 months.

    If you’re in your first semester of study and the census date hasn’t passed, please refer to the Defer my offer website.

    If you're an international student, we recommend speaking to our dedicated Course Planning team to discuss how taking a Leave of Absence will affect your visa.

    Graduate researchers

    Please refer to the Taking Leave website.

    Need more help?

    Leave of abscence page (recommended) Enquiry

  • How can I defer my offer?

    If you need to start your studies later than originally planned, you may be eligible to defer your course for up to one year. To apply, please see the Defer my offer website for eligibility requirements and deadlines specific to your course.

    Need more help?

    Defer my offer page (recommended) Call us

  • Can I still take my Online/Dual Delivery subject online, if the Study Plan says the subject is 'On Campus'?

    You can still take online classes for a dual-delivery or online subject even if your Study Plan lists it as ‘On Campus’. You can request to be allocated to an online or dual-delivery class on your timetable.

    Please refer to the handbook to confirm the delivery mode of your subject and to confirm if the subject’s assessments are online or on campus.

    For support with preferencing your timetable, please view the class timetable website.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • What happens if I don't re-enrol?

    If you don’t re-enrol in subjects or apply for a Leave of Absence before the deadline, you risk having your enrolment cancelled.

    If you've been cancelled from your course due to a failure to re-enrol, you can apply to be reinstated. If successful, you'll be liable for a reinstatement fee. Please refer to your cancellation email and follow the instructions to apply for reinstatement.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • Why do I need to confirm my highest level of completion details before enrolling in subjects?

    The 'Highest Level of Completion' is information that the University must report to the Government and replaces the 'Highest Level of Participation' information you may have provided when you first enrolled. Once you've confirmed or entered the requested information, you'll be able to access your Study Plan and enrol in subjects.

    Need more help?

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us

  • I have a different question

    Please contact us using one of the channels below.

    Enquiry (recommended) Call us Quick Chat