Step-by-step guide - Semester and Year-long programs - Section contents
We know planning overseas experiences can seem overwhelming – especially if you have never travelled solo before. Don't worry, we've made this planning process as simple as possible with our step-by-step guide.
This guide details how to apply for Semester and Year-long programs.
If you are applying for a different program type to those listed above, please refer to the following pages for more information:
- 1. Plan your overseas study Plan how your overseas study will fit into your degree.
- 2. Complete your application Apply to the University of Melbourne to study overseas.
- 3. Get Unimelb approval After you've submitted your application, the University of Melbourne will assess it for approval.
- 4. Complete your overseas study plan Get approval for the subjects you wish to take.
- 5. Apply to your host uni Apply to the host institution you wish to study at.
- 6. Get readyImportant tasks you need to complete before you travel.
- 7. When you arriveImportant tasks to complete when you arrive at your host institution.
- 8. While overseasKeep on top of your study arrangements while you're overseas.
- 9. Complete the final steps On returning home, ensure your stay is complete and any relevant credit points are transferred back to the University of Melbourne.