Congratulations on being nominated to study at the University of Melbourne! Follow the steps below to accept your offer, obtain visa information, confirm your subjects, and settle into life at Melbourne.
Your guide to starting your studies
Follow these steps to ensure a smooth journey from your offer to your first class.
- 1. Accept your offer Accept your offer and begin your administrative enrolment.
- 2. Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) You will need your CoE to apply for your student visa.
- 3. Submit your visa application Before submitting your application you must have your CoE.
- 4. Set up your student account Your account gives you access to your University portal and student administrative tasks.
- 5. Log into your student portal Get familiar with my.unimelb, your online home for all things university-related.
- 6. Complete your administrative enrolment Complete your enrolment before you arrive in Australia.
- 7. Enrol in your subjects Log into your student portal (my.unimelb) to enrol in subjects.
- 8. Order your student card Upload your photo online and get your card before classes start.
- 9. Start creating your timetable Once you’ve enrolled in your subjects, you will be ready to start building your class timetable.
- 10. Attend Study Abroad and Exchange (SAEX) Welcome Day This is compulsory.
- 11. Plan your Melbourne Orientation itinerary Use the event planner to lock in activities you don't want to miss.
Get to know Unimelb
There's a lot to learn when you're starting out at University. We recommend checking out these websites so you can get a feel for the most important stuff you need to know as a new student.
- Student Exchange Society (MUSEX) Connect with local University of Melbourne students through the MUSEX buddy program.
- Connect with student services You have access to a range of services on campus and online.
- Understand your fees Find out how to access and pay your fees on time.
- University glossary Browse our comprehensive directory of University terms and processes.